Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Peisey Nancroix - Les Arcs for New Year???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A friend of a friend who i don't actually know, has gone and booked a trip for about 18 of us in a chalet he has been to for the last four seasons (without actually consulting anyone first - numbskull). So if anybody has been to peisey nancroix around christmas/new year time i am after your input. I'm not sure about what the snow is likely to be like and also what the resort itself is like particularly in the absence of snow. I was at Paradiski last year and had a good time but i've never been away for a boarding holiday over Christmas/ New Year so don't really know what to expect

Also we have quite a few people who want to go but have never skied/boarded before so what terrain is open needs to be easy enough to learn on. Any advice or experience would be appreciated, also if you can recomend other European resorts that would be better at this time of year i'm all ears, i've not paid yet and don't intend to if i've got any doubts i want to go away but i'd rather make an informed choice about where i'm going rather than just be told where, which is the situation this guy has put us in..!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's an excellent British ski school in Vallandry (the sister village to Peisey) and loads of easy terrain above Peisey and across the Les Arcs domain. Lots of nursery slopes for Peisey are above 2000m at the top of the Vallandry and Grizzly lifts, so as snowsure as any other resort in that part of the world. The resort does a pretty good job of keeping pistes open down the the village, even in a poor snow year like the start of this season. I posted a few snow reports, including Christmas, in this thread. I've skied a few Christmases in Les Arcs in recent years and there's always been plenty of skiing available.

Although I'm sure it's frustrating for you to be given no choice about where you want to go, there are quite a few tales from holiday organisers here on snowHeads of the impossibility of keeping all the people happy all the time. Sometimes it's best just to go ahead and book, and then people will go if they want to.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agree with Rob. Done Les Arcs a few times now and love it so much buying a place in Arc 2000 and going there for a short break next week.

Trust us your friend has done you a favour, its a great area and try organising a skiing holiday for 18 yourself, it is a nightmare.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers for the info sounds good.

I know all about the nightmares of organising trips, we've just come back from Tignes and there were 19 of us, But even then we looked around, found three choices and let people vote on where they fancied, same as we do every year.

The guy who has booked this trip is based in Middlesbrough I'm in London and i have a number of mates who want to come along aswell so we don't know if there is going to be enough space for everyone, also one couple want to take their year old kid. If he'd got an idea of numbers and particular requests before he booked then we could see if we needed a) a bigger chalet or b) 2 chalets. It's just the lack of communication that's annoying what's wrong with sending an email...!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bullet, Was in Peisey Vallandry this Christmas and also previous year. 2005 snow was fantastic and had a great time. 2006 snow was a bit thin but we still had a great time. There is a lot of snow making cannons so return is pretty much assured.

For anyone with kids would recommend the Nursery in Vallandry (Tom Pouce) our daughter was in it for the last few years and loved it.

New Gen as a ski school also thoroughly recommended
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy