Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Now. We are stuck. Totally stuck.

Poster: A snowHead
And it is full war between me and my friends. The issue is as follows:

Me and 3 friends are trying to plan 30 March to 1st of April. We are landing in Geneve but cannot seem to agree on where is it best conditions these dates?

I was thinking of Val d'isere, but the hotells was fully booked. Any tip here if this IS the place to go these dates...

My girl insists on Chamonix. Any good at these days? One of he guys suggested Verbier...

We need outside help - so i am reaching out here...

Any suggestions on not too distant place to go from geneve where the conditions are great and also available hotell/rooms?

Thank you for your time and have a great eastern!

Please mail me answer if you have any good tip - joakim@playmusicmagazine.com

- Joakim
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
magwerk.com, welcome to snowHead
If you are willing to go as far as Val d'Isere, then you could also try Val Thorens, La Plagne (I just booked that weekend there myself) of Les Arcs, for example, all have high skiing, and are likely to be good that weekend.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well. I am more interested in god skiing than nightlife so I am willing to go a bit. But My girl and the others seem to insiste on closest - therefor the chamonix option. But I am not too sure of the ski conditions there then. Thanx - KLes Arc is great.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
magwerk.com, 1st week of the Easter weekend. French and UK holidays.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty ,
Didn't think the French were on school hols till 5th ,6th or 7th of April; meaning 'our' 1st week of easter hols ( starting 29th March) should be a bit less crowded! ( I hope I am correct)
Mitch
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
magwerk.com, I think you will find God skis here. snowHead
(Welcome to snowheads)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Magwerk.com, welcome to Snowheads. The info I have says French schools region A which includes Grenoble, Lyon, Caen, Clermont-Ferrand, Montpellier, Nancy-Metz, Nantes, Rennes and Toulouse are on holiday commencing 31 March...so I guess it depends how many of them want to go ski-ing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
magwerk.com, it depends what type of sking you want to do. If your into offpiste then you cant go wrong with chamonix. If however you have a mixed group and want to combine offpiste with on piste then i would suggest Tignes. Transfer time (car) Geneva to Tignes is less then 2 hours.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PP wrote:
Transfer time (car) Geneva to Tignes is less then 2 hours.

I don't think so. It's at least 3 hours.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, good point i was getting my timings confused with Bourg St Maurice, but still its not 3 hours. On the last 4 occasions we managed to get from Geneva to tignes (le bois) in 2h15min. The weather was good and traffic insignificant.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PP wrote:
rob@rar, good point i was getting my timings confused with Bourg St Maurice, but still its not 3 hours. On the last 4 occasions we managed to get from Geneva to tignes (le bois) in 2h15min. The weather was good and traffic insignificant.

What route do you take? I do the journey from Geneva airport to BSM quite frequently and with no significant traffic it takes me 2h15 from leaving the rental garage at GVA to arriving at BSM. From BSM to Tignes le Lac is another 35-40m?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have taken both routes, annecy and motorway and i dont think there was much between them. Recently i have been using the motorway as i find the drive less straining and more predictable.We must have diffirent driving styles as i can get from BSM main roundabout upto le Lac parking no3 in 25 min.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Michelin guide suggests 2h43 via the motorway, but i am not sure which part of tignes.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PP wrote:
Michelin guide suggests 2h43 via the motorway, but i am not sure which part of tignes.

It says 2hr50 to Tignes Le Lac on the autoroute via Chambery.

25m from BSM to Le Lac? Are you related to M. Schumacher by any chance? Or does the local Gendarme close the road for you? Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I would suggest that timing is not that different accross the above resorts. So go high as i think you said you have a mixed group i would go to Val Thorens.

Before anybody says this is the longest time from valley bottom to resort. the sking is worth it.
ski holidays
magwerk.com, Chamonix is a big town and you have to get a bus to the slopes. I would go for Val Thorens - there are bus transfers from Geneva and the tourist office are excellent at finding accommodation. The Frog and Rosbif Pub is a great pub. There is skiing for all standards and you can explore the 4 valleys. Have fun and no fighting!
snow report
rob@rar, give it a go and time yourself from the roundabout to le lac and i bet that unless you get stuck behind a tour bus your time wnat be much diff.
snow report
PP wrote:
rob@rar, give it a go and time yourself from the roundabout to le lac and i bet that unless you get stuck behind a tour bus your time wnat be much diff.

I'll do that later this week.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy