Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier Ski pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Does anyone know if you requiere a passort size photo for the Verbier ski pass and where is the quickest place to go to sort one out. We arrive early next Sat and i hope to get a couple hours on the slope.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes you will need a photo. You can buy passes at the lift offices at bottom of main lifts out of resort - medran and savoleyres (sp?). The photo will be scanned into the resort's electronic system (then every time you swipe your pass through the system your pic appears on the little tv screen at the lift - scary big bro!). But this means you don't need to take a hard copy photo - they can scan it off your driving licence, passport etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mightysaints, of you go the Verbier site and click on Televerbier you will get to the Lift Pass page.
This suggests the system is electronic so you don't need a photo.
It also says you can buy your pass on-line, but (unlike France) the Swiss seem to make this difficult for the rest of Europe. Though the blurb says you "when booking more than 5 days ahead, we will send to your home " this is followed by "(in Switzerland)" and suggests this might not work if you live in the UK. Otherwise you have to have "a Keycard or a Swatch Snowpass".
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mightysaints, no photo needed this year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beanie1 says Yes. Marc t'Mosher says No. The website is unhelpful.

Why do the Swiss make this so difficult? I can't get a pass on-line for Saas Fee either.
But at La Plagne, Val d'Isere and Val Thorens the system is a doddle.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've got my Verbier ski pass from January right in front of me, and it's got my photo on it. Our chalet guy went and got it and took my passport, so I assume they do need a picture. Or maybe not.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sometimes varies with length of pass, for what its worth last years pass 6 days has my passport photo scanned on.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was skiing there a month ago. You don't need a photo as an object to be stuck in a pass, but you do need your passport or driving license or anything else with your photo in for them to scan.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Marc t'Mosher wrote:
mightysaints, no photo needed this year.

Ah, it seems I was too cabaged to recall. They may have scanned my passport, but I can't remember them doing it Embarassed
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just to clarify, a pass for three days or longer you do need a photo which can be scanned from passport or UK driving licence. Depending what time you arrive on Saturday, and how long you are here it may be cheaper to buy a half day pass or a 'Mini' (after 1pm) for the Saturday only, then buy your week pass or whatever the following day. That's what most people who come out to visit us tend to do and it works out better. No photo needed for the half day pass.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi mightysaints I've just got back from a 4 day break in Verbier. We got the plastic ski pass which costs a one-off 5CHF (£2.20 or so) extra and they can scan a photo from your passport (which is what they used for mine) or driving licence card on to that. You can then put that in a pocket in your sleeve and so you don't have to keep getting the paper pass out to put in the machine. Well worth it. You can then reuse this card if/when you go back to Verbier.

By the way, the skiing was great! Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you are going with your family (who MUST have the same surname) you can save some serious £££s by buying a family pass.
You need ID to show that you have the same surname.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy