Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can someone please tell me where to go :)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello peeps, with winter just round the corner i have realised i need to organise a little ski trip for me and the mrs, but i need a bit of help deciding where to go and when to book.

about us: Fairly new to skiing, both confident on easy reds etc we like something to do in the evening even if it is just a few drinks in the bar and a game of pool. We have been to Arinsal - great atmosphere but skiing a bit limited, cervinia - nice big motorway piestes, good for learning but prefer some trees and scenery etc and finally Soldue, our favourite of the three ols so far, excellent skiing and fab atmosphere.

When? Ideally i'd like to go over xmas period as i don't have too much holiday allowance left and leaves me the opportunity to get another trip in February Wink

when to book? should i book somewhere now, or leave it to the last minute so i can check the snowfall etc

I know it's months away but am getting excited already just thinking about skiing again Smile

Thanks in advance

Mac
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Leaving it to the last minute over Christmas might be a risky option as places do book well in advance for the holiday season. I usually ski at this time of year and have always booked up in advance.

As for the resort I would choose something high just in case the snow isn't brilliant. Les Arcs would fit the bill for a variety of pistes above and below the treeline, great scenery and loads of intermediate slopes. The village at 1800 has a resonable selection of bars and restaurants, so there's always something to do in the evenings if you still have energy left to burn.

Regards

Rob
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For Christmas my advice would be High; Tignes, Val Thorens, etc and book soon, as this is high, high season and I doubt it will get discounted.
Not much tree-lined skiing at altitude though Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So book now, get high seems to be the message?

Cheers peeps
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Definitely book asap. If you are tied to dates it's the only option. Xmas is a gamble. Last year Mottaret was green at 1850m and Kitzbuhel at 780m had plenty. I think Les Arcs would be a great choice as it has something for everybody. It's a much under-rated resort in my view.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Although lower, many Austrian resorts have a much better early season snow record than the higher French ones - checkout the historical snow section in the database on something like www.weather.co.uk.

People will be surprised at the results.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or indeed the southern French Alps, somewhere like Montgenèvre for example. Pretty dead though, so if it's après ski you're after, forget it!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mac Daddy, Ray's advice re historical data is sound, although there are certain areas in France that have great snow records all through the season. I know I bang on about La Rosiere 1850 but so far, I've never yet known the resort not to open on it's designated date and I've never not been able to ski back to the resort both at the beginning and end of season. Check out the ski club historical records for details or give me a PM/email and I'll give you as much information as|I can.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 21-09-04 15:27; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ray Zorro, High French resorts also need more snow as the underlying terrain can be very rough country, whereas Austrain alpine meadows can produce very skiable conditions from less depth.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ray Zorro, thank you for putting in the web site. We're buying an apartment house in Wagrain, Austria, without knowing any of the ski conditions just the word of the vendor. Wagrain isn't listed but Altenmarkt is, and is 'just up the road' according to the piste map! So I'll keep an eye on that site as this season approaches. Cheers Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all you replies peeps, i have a few avenues to explore now. I'll probably book within the next couple of weeks, then i'll have to see if i can still remember how to ski (it's been over 6 months) Wink

Mac
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The_Mac_Daddy, a plug on my own behalf, but Peisey-Vallandry will put you in the centre of Paradiski (Les Arcs/La Plagne) and we have plenty of good value night-life. Let me think, erm, my own bar has beer and a pool table! Wink
www.plan-peisey-accommodation.co.uk
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy