Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving thro' France and Europe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Probably been mentioned before but Michelin's website www.viamichelin.com will plan your route for you, given the start/end points, state the Peage (Tolls) locations and their costs AND tell you where radar speed traps are. Very Happy Very Happy .

Maybe not every radar trap but better than a poke in the eye with a ski stick. Shocked
snow report
 brian
brian
Craghopper, I actually had a poke in the eye with a ski stick. Having driven all the way up to Glencoe I had to turn round and be driven all the way back home to get stitches Sad

Having also used viamichelin, I concur with your analysis !
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Craghopper, you do need to be careful however, as it doesn't always take account of high passes closed in winter...

i.e. The shortest route deom chamonix to champoluc wants to direct you over a road that (as far as when we last looked) is closed in winter...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I did find that it always seems to advise going via Paris from Calais to Alps - as does Tom Tom

Is a useful site to check distances though
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It does for me to, but only in the evening ad only on the journey out Puzzled

Very wierd..
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Murdoch, I think, and I will look when I have time, there is something on the site though that shows you where you need chains, and roads closed, but it wasn't the route planner, perhaps on the maps page? I seem to remember it from when we flew to Nice.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy