Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

austerlitz info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A couple of questions on Gare D'Austerlitz if anyone has been through it this year on the sleepers.

1. Is the left luggage open ? I saw a note somewhere on the net saying that the service had been withdrawn because of security, but it wasn't dated, so I couldn't tell if it was still the case.

1b. Sorry, supplementary one, is it just lockers or is there an over the counter job. It's just that one of my cases is pretty large.

2. There are apparently a number of restaurants over the road. I'll have 3 kiddies who eat real food, but not as adventurously as they might. So Sushi (which I saw mentioned) is out. Any recommendations ?

Thanks for any assistance,

d
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
...and I thought info was required on Napoleon's greatest victory. Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tres droll.

Strangely enough, I was just reading the account of this in W and P the other day from the Russian perspective (natch). I've never been one for military history, but I found this account of the campaign quite compelling.

It seems a bit odd, celebrating a victory in an ultimately unsuccessful military adventure, is there a Brit equivalent ?

I suppose Agincourt in the sense that we don't seem to be ruling the Aquitaine any more ?

d
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pendodave,

Interesting points. I guess you are aware that Azencourt (as it now is) is just across the pond and not in Acquitaine. One might argue that the English have indeed retaken Acquitaine as the Dordogne, in particular, is largely controlled by Brits!

Do we consider the Battle of Hastings to have been a success for us? Us Anglo-Saxons are unconvinced!

snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pendodave, to be fair, it was an awful long time from Austerlitz to Napoleon's misconceived march on Moscow (7+ years, I think).

Stranger still is the inclusion of Toulouse on the list of victories on the Arc de Triomphe. Although Marshal Soult is generally recognised as having conducted a brilliant defence, and the British suffered slightly greater casualties, he was forced to yield the city to Wellington. The tragedy of the battle is that Napoleon had abdicated four days previously - communications were slower in 1813.

Sorry you're not getting much info about the station!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The left luggage was open when we walked past it a week and a half ago.

It's mainly lockers (some very big ones) but there is also a semi-official over-the-counter thing going on to cope with skis and boards.

As I said, there's Sushi - there's also a kebab shop and a MacDonalds and a rather cute little restaurant around the corner (but u might need to book ahead on a Fri/Sat). There are also a number of more typical french eateries as you tend to see all over Paris.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pendodave, my sons say the station restaurant does a great steak-frites and chocolate mousse.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks guys,

for both the specific and the tangential...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy