Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva – Chatel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Need to get from Geneva to Chatel on the 30th Jan. What’s the best way? Taxi? Coach transfer?

Thanks

TP
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How many are going? I have a list of taxi companies on the other pc. About 1 hour 30 mins. Could go via Montreaux. Easy drive.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Its Just me. I fly out a few days later than the others.
snow report
 brian
brian
tp023, www.altibus.com

... or hire a car. Taxi likely to be extortionate if you're on your own.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks. I'll look into it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Check with local Tourist Office, there may be local operators that can fit you in on a shared transfer. Chatel is a little smaller than other places in the PdS and you might not get the amount that will go to Morzine/Avoriaz. Crossing the Col du Corbiere it can be a hard trip for someone if they are going out of their way. Once you get there tp023, you will have a ball. What about the place you are staying at, do they not offer transfers??
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Never done it by train myself but If I have to put up a piece of meat for the butcher to chop it up I would place a smaller piece by taking a train from Generve to Champery first.

There appears to be a publicized service Generva to Champery showed here.

I would just walk off the train either in Monthey or Troistorrents to take a taxi to Chalet.

Monthey to Chatel is 10.7 miles

Troistorrents to Chatel is 7.5 miles

Generva airport to Chatel over 50 miles from the French side but the roads are twisty and narrow. There is a more than an average chance that the taxi would travel the motorway on the side opposite to Chatel along the Geneva Lake, pass Lausanne and clock up 82 miles because (a) It is more direct from Geneva airport, (b) He can avoid all the traffic jam of going through the Genva city to the French side (c) His car may not be good enough to go through the long journey of mountain roads in winter condition and (d) It is faster, makes more money and able to return sooner for the next customer for him. If the taxi driver is decent he would tell you that he would only take you if he is allowed to drive motorway (all the way to Monthey) and asks to try the other if you refuse.

The last time I skied Chatel I stayed in a hotel in Monthey, right next to a train station. That was how I skied the Swiss side of Porte du Soleil by driving from Monthey.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 1-09-07 13:08; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There are suggestions on the local Tourist Office website here.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would probably go via Montreaux and Lausanne also. Very good road to Monthey and then you are nearly there!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy