Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After feeling quite content after our week in La Rosiere we have started to get restless once again. For once there seems to be a load of good deals from Belfast well under my usual budget of £350 Half Board.

They are however the usual cheap resorts that always come up:

Andorra et al
Soll
Livigno
Neiderau
Alpbach

I would really like to go to Saalbach having skied a day there last year. Most of the accommadation seems pretty expensive although direct ski are doing a good price for accommadation on arrival. Min 3* H/B. I'm not that worried about a basic hotel, but don't want to be miles from the slopes.
Any experiences.

Oh, thinking about end of March
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
End of March quite a few of those might be a bit snowless..... difficult at this stage. Maybe book a flight and wait and see whether it snows much in March. Otherwise a walking holiday might be a better idea.... Either that, or go for somewhere really high which already has a decent snow base. I don't think Livigno has much and the others are all v low.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w,

Well, I really mean around 17th March. St Paddys day as we get bank holiday Very Happy Been to Austria last 2 years to "low" resorts and have absoutley superb snow. Saalbach is at 1000m which is 300m higher than the other places I've been in Austria.

From N.I. booking a flight isn't really an option unless we go through Geneva, so it really must be a package.

Been to Livigno, and it is good but always like to try new places.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How about resort X?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bh1 wrote:
How about resort X?

Shhh, it's a secret Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnboy, You gan get reasonably priced pensions in Sallbach if you shop around... 50 euros pppn or thereabouts which equates to about £250 pp pwk plus flights and transfers. Transfer in a cab is approx 125 euros each way if you pre-book it...

Sallabach would usually be ok at that time of year but this year the snow is iffy and none of us really know whether it's going to come at all in any sort of quantity, but keep our fingers crossed. The snows crap at the moment and unless thngs improve there's a huge risk you'll either spend a week skiing ice and slush and only having the north facing side of the valley to play on, or you can make the long bus ride each day to the Kitzsteinhorn glacier, a long queue to get up there and a long queue to get back down and for the ski bus home again...

If you want Austria you could try Zell or Kaprun which are the closest resorts to the glacier meaning its easy to get there early and miss the queues.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Obergurgl is high and a possibility.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Been to Austria last 2 years to "low" resorts and have absoutley superb snow.

Yes, but this year's different... and there's a fair bit of rain below 1800m in next week's forecasts around the mountains. There's nothing wrong with Geneva, lots of places within reach. But even if you go for a package I would have thought it was better to wait. Your planned departure is over 3 weeks away. Some of those Austrian slopes might be covered in crocuses by then. Or, let's hope, there could be huge dumps in March, like there were last year. If you really want to book up right now I would go for somewhere like the Espace Killy or Les Deux Alpes with high altitude skiing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy