Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plagne Bellecote picture queue

Poster: A snowHead
There was a picture of a massive queue for the two lifts out of Bellecote on here last year, I've done a few searches and come up with nothing.

Does anyone have a link to this picture, I think it was taken in the 70s when there was just a two man chair going either way.

Both ways last week was pretty quiet, 15 minutes was the most we waited, I wanted to show my kids what it used to be like before 8 seater chairs were invented !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bladeskier, you could show them a piccie from 2 years ago. Bellecote was horrendous when L'Arpette was that slow 4 man chair. That and Colosses always used to be the bottle neck, the 6 pack out towards champagny side never seems particularly busy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Charlatanefc, yup, been there done that many times.

The worst queue we had all week was at the Transarc bubble in Les Arcs, twice we waited about 25 minutes, other than that very few queues at all which I guess is good for half-term week.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gregory and I came over the brow of the hill to see the most horrendous crowd down in Bellcote one day last week.
The queues for the chairs and drags were so large that they had all merged into each other and you could only tell who was waiting for what, once you were up close enough to see which direction they were facing.

We went for the bubble as the queue was smallest. As each bubble holds 6 people I thought the queue would go down quickly but was shocked to see most bubbles going up with only 2 or 3 people in. Some were even entirely empty! Fortunately many people were less patient than us and left the queue and when we got to the front, we discovered that they only had one panel at the entrance to the station to sense people's handsfree passes: they couldn't get the passes checked fast enough to even get people into every bubble let alone fill them up.
This is lunacy - what a waste of a decent lift rolling eyes Apart from the fact that they should have at least 3 or 4 turn-styles for a lift of that capacity, under the circumstances they should have simply opened the gate and let people fill up the cars properly.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
admin, ah, but they ARE french Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is this photo in 1990's...

I called this "Bellecote Circus" !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow...just wow!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
But the pistes are empty Puzzled
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Meanwhile...

Linds joins the lift queue at the main lift in Solitude.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, that's 'cos everbody's waiting to get back up the mountain!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wear The Fox Hat, are you sure that's not La Rosiere? Razz
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TallTone, can't be - no sign of dodgy plumbing...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TallTone, La Rosiere has 2 x 6 seat high speed detachable quads. This is a great idea because it means you can have a lie down and a kip on the way up the hill. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RG, That pic is incredible! Shocked Shocked

Wear The Fox Hat, That pic is er, very BIG Laughing

snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
AxsMan, no, it just seems big cause ickle Linds is so small...
latest report
AxsMan wrote:
RG, That pic is incredible! Shocked Shocked

Yep. But it's now impossible !
snow conditions
Queue for the Colosses chairlift took 5 minutes from the 7 minute sign this afternoon! Very Happy
latest report
boredsurfin, get back into the bar.................
ski holidays
That's me Shocked

Quote:

That pic is er, very BIG

Quote:

no, it just seems big cause ickle Linds is so small...

Best things come in little sizes NehNeh
At least I didnt have to jump up to get the electronic pass to work like some of the lifts in Verbier rolling eyes
Im sure that looks like the lift where we had to keep going round and round again Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy