Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to Ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are a group of lads of mixed ability who were planning a trip to Borovets in Bulgaria 1st week in March. Does anyone know how the snow is in Bulgaria at the moment? If not any advice on where to go in Europe as an alternative with fairly decent snow would be great. We have looked at Canada and costs are prohibitive this year for most.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Swansea Jack, Kilvey Hill wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
IN France, the first week of March will be busy - still school holidays till 10 March.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wait and check the snow in the week you will be departing. Still plenty of time to bucket down somewhere!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rayscoops, Might be more snow on Kilvey than Bulgaria by the weekend Sad

I am tempted to leave it close to the time to book but interest in the group is waning as despondancy sets in. Thanks for the advice on school holidays. I wasn't aware of that
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Swansea Jack, seriously, just book a flight as cheap as you can get, to somewhere like Grenoble/Geneva/Salzburg etc. and decide on the resort closer to the time based on likely snow. Works every time for me and with a bit of advice on here you should be able to sort out somewhere reasonably cheap to stay. Transfer one-way from Grenable to, say AdH or LDA is only 10 euros and Serre Chev can not be much more. Not too sure about availabilty of accomm though.

Maybe a late package would work too, but I would be a bit uneasy about booking now for any resort that does not have a glacier or skiing at hight altitude. Good conditions now does not mean good conditions in a month or so, or vice versa
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd personally hang fire, as there have been so many cancellations that there should be some decent last minute offers come up....and if you don't find anything to suit everyone, go somewhere sunny.....like France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy etc etc
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I suspect a flight to salzburg or geneva would get you a pretty good deal. I think last minute deals with operators for that week in march will start to come up in 7-10 days time.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops, How often do you go and who with? Mates or do you go with family?

Thanks all. Must be honest I have been a bit lazy when it comes to travel and normally book a package but it seems that cheap flights and independant travel is the way to go. Any tips on sites for booking digs in advance?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Swansea Jack,
Quote:

Must be honest I have been a bit lazy when it comes to travel and normally book a package but it seems that cheap flights and independant travel is the way to go.

Packages especially last minute can be very cheap outside of the high season times.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Swansea Jack, go with mates, on my own or any one who is up for a trip. Only recently started on snow so rying to get out as much as possible on my snow board. I may even try Singleton Park tommorrow morning if we get a bit of the white stuff here
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rayscoops, I know this prob isn't the right forum for this but if you fancy joining us on our trip let me know. On the other hand there may be one or two of us who may fancy a trip on spec if you don't mind us joining you. All skiers of mixed age and ability but all up for a laugh
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Swansea Jack, yes no probs, all booked up this year though - Whistler in Feb, Verbier in March and St Anton April, all mainly self sorted trips and not too expensive. Tag along if you can get it sorted. Keep in touch through Private Message if you book anything or need to know any of the dates
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy