Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia, Petit Palais Hotel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some friends have asked us to go with them next New Year. Not sure, as it is a Crystal club Hotel, but it might be nice, has anyone been? TO holidays are just not my scene man.
Cool
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Helen Beaumont, The Petit Palais is about as close to the main lift as you can get. Instead of negotiating the famed / infamous steps up to the main lift from the town area, with the Petit Palais, it is a short walk down (there is a short cut into the lift station that is sometimes worth taking).

The Petit Palais is pretty much your usual Crystal Club Hotel. The rooms were good enough and we could actually fit into the baths. We thought that the hotel bar prices were high and went into town most nights. The food was pretty dire but I think this is down to the luck of the draw with the chef.

So.. great location, indifferent hotel.
latest report
 brian
brian
Helen Beaumont, don't do it ! Cervinia is pretty unremarkable apart from its link to Zermatt and going back to being treated like a brain dead sheep once you're used to the diy experience will be painful. Why not diy to Zermatt and meet your unfortunate friends for lunch ? wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
brian, HMM, my thoughts too, I just priced it at a shade under 3000 pounds for the week for four of us, and that's without a lift pass. I can knock that down a bit if we self-drive, as we could go to our place in Serre Che first. Still it would be over 500 quids each. I really couldn't cope with dire food for a week.
latest report
 brian
brian
Helen Beaumont,

1349 CHF (£550) for B&B at a 3* in Zermatt (3* in Switzerland is pretty nice) including lift pass and ski hire.

http://www.bellerive-zermatt.ch/framesete/frameset.htm

All sorts of other packages available on the Zermatt TO site, www.zermatt.ch/index.e.html

£57 per person Swiss transfer ticket (under 16s are free, think your kids are older though ??).

Easyjet flights NCL->GVA the day they come out, say £100 pp.

Bobs yer uncle Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
brian, we;ll probably still drive down,and stay at our place first though. If they'd gone to Courmayeur, I might ahve consdiered it, as we get a free one week pass with our Serre Che season ticket.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Helen Beaumont, that's a nice bonus. Very Happy What's the break even point for a SC season ticket ? The Anniviers one is £285 which means my 2 7 day passes this year are still a bit cheaper. Maybe next year I can build up to making it worthwhile, something to aspire to ..... Very Happy

I could just about stomach a TO trip for an exceptionally cheap last minute deal but why anyone would book in advance for a NY or half term trip is totally beyond me.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian, if I ordered it before 1st Nov it was €504 euros (about 25% off), but it also included free access to the lifts in the summer as an added bonus, so we'll be able to use them for mountain biking and walking in the summer with out any additional cost. Some extra days are included at LDA (including a day on the glacier in the summer), ADH, and Milky Way. Break even was just under 3x6 days, which we'll manage this year, but not sure about next. We should have got one last year, but funds were a bit tight.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy