Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Bettex

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have any views on this small village (twixt les Menuires and St Martin for the uninitiated)?. A chum has oferred the use of his appartment (at a fee) at Christmas (07), and I was wondering whether it was as convenient as he claims for getting into the 3V. St Martin is one of my favourite spots so it might just fit the bill. There is, apparently, a run into Menuires which is covered by snow cannon to assist. I'm a bit nervous as to its proximity to Menuires which might spoil the ambiance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
noggy, can't say I've ever been down there but from above it looks OK, it's well below the concrete jungle of Les Menuires - there's a chair (slow I think) into the centre of LM to get into the rest of the 3V. Not sure what the run will be like into Le Bettex at Christmas but I'm sure they'll be free busses as well. You can't ski down to St Martin from there to my knowledge without going up to the ridge. Hope this helps.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevew, thanks. I've done some further study and it looks OK really. And we can jump in the car and start/finish in St Martin if the Menuires link is too slow. We'll give it a bash.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
noggy, I'll be there for a week in early March so will be able to give a better report after that.

I'm told there is now a lift from LB which takes you to a point where you can join the main lift network all the way up to Val Thorens.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was in Les Menuires a couple of weeks ago, staying right by the top of the Bettex chairlift. As far as I could tell the only way to get onto the slopes from LB is:

Take chair up to bottom of Les Menuires (area's called Preyerand and the lift is apparently quite slow);

Ski along a green run to one of 2 lifts, one up to Les Menuires/3V main slopes the other to the local 'La Masse' side of the valley. The green down from Bettex lift is flat or slightly uphill in places.

La Masse has some good blues, reds and blacks but isn't that big an area.

From the top of the lift to the 3V side of the valley it's again flat or slightly uphill a little bit before you ski down to where a number of main lifts start.

I'm pretty sure the run back down to LB was shut when we were there through lack of snow (even with snow cannons), as was the run from the top of Bettex lift to the other lifts for the first few days until we had a good dump so I wouldn't count on it at Christmas.

There is a free skibus into Les Menuires from near the top of the Bettex lift. Returning at the end of the day you might need to get the bus from Les Menuires then take the chair back down to LB, I'm pretty sure the bus doesn't go to LB or St Martin.

Sorry it sounds a wee bit negative but I like to get every available minute on the slopes so LB wouldn't be convenient enough for my taste.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy