Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ARRGG Les Arc 1800 or Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All

Please can you help me to decided. I am going on a late break this year from the 5th April to the 9th. I want somewhere reasonable snow sure (although I know this is a bad season for snow records). I have been to Val Thorens the last few Easters so I wanted to try another resort.

There will me my girlfriend and myself who are intermediate skiers, my 6 year old nephew who is a complete beginner, and another couple who have never been on skies. So one of the criteria is a good ski school. As I learnt a long time ago do most schools split junior and adults??

I am not to bothered about a bit après ski night life, I just want good snow and terrain that will suit us all and a few nice resturants

what do you think???
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tignes is probably more snowsure at that time of the year and has more nightlife, but LA is perhaps better for beginners. Both have a good choice of ski schools although I have limited personal experience of LA schools. I am sure LA regulars will be along shortly to give more detailed advice. And yes most schools will split children from adults. I imagine it would be to teach 6 year olds and adults at the same time.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Les Arcs should be fine for snow at that time of year if it's a typical season's end, but Tignes has more high altitude skiing terrain if the weather is unseasonably warm. Lots of easy terrain in Les Arcs, above 1800 and Peisey/Vallandry. Good ski schools in Les Arcs are Arc Adventures, New Generation and Privilege (New Gen are based in Vallandry, so not so convenient if you're staying in 1800).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
go to les arcs vallandry and book in NOW with Ski New Gen...best ski school in the business (IMHO)..it's also one of the nicest parts of les arcs (IMHO) for both skiing and the village
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replys I will take a look online at that school

Cheers
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ajbaldwin,

Tignes but i am biased Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ajbaldwin, I have skied both, but les Arcs was not late-season. Have skied Tignes Mar/April the last two years and would thoroughly recommend it. Probably stay in Val Claret and take lessons with Evolution 2.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les Arcs is usually fine late season. (or it was in 2003 and 2004 when I skied there in April.) Both are good. I would say Les Arcs has more variety in a smaller area. Both would be in my top 10.

snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Would like to add that the good thing about Arc 2000 is that the beginner area and the blues you progress to st first are right in the middle of the action. This means the experienced guys can go off, ski Col say, and come back to encourage/deride the beginners. I think you might find that a good set-up for a mixed abilty group.

snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bertie bassett wrote:
go to les arcs vallandry and book in NOW with Ski New Gen...best ski school in the business (IMHO)..it's also one of the nicest parts of les arcs (IMHO) for both skiing and the village

I second that, I stayed in Vallandry a few years back and I think LA is a fab resort. Some friends of mine went there late season last year (end of March) and had loads of snow.

You can't really go wrong with Tignes either, it's a good resort and it's very easy to get to Val D'Isere for more variety.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There has been good late season snow in Les Arcs in recent years. Last season it there was still loads of snow during the third week of April. But in April sun and rain can quickly turn conditions. If you're booking now, I'd go for Tignes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy