Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cost of "Beginner's package" worth while?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks

After many options, am close to confirming a Thompson holiday package for Pas De La casa in Andorra for Feb 3rd for a week. It costs £204 per person which sounds very good.

I have been offered a "Beginner's package" which for £180pp covers 6-day ski pass, equipment hire and tuition ( 5 x 3 hour sessions). Is this good value or am I better of either booking via online sites or getting it all when I arrive?

Thanks for advice!

ps: it is snowing in Andorra and should be fine then right?? Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cersei,

Sounds reasonable to me considering a lift pass is generally worth £100 squid
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's a good price, but is usually only for complete beginners.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Keep a check on the snow.......
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cersei, sounds good to me. The pass might be for a very limited area, so that if you progress well you might want to purchase a top up at the end of the week.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Our begiiners package in Flaine was well worth it. They gave us a full area pass, ski and boot hire and full day lessons for a ridiculous sum, which was less than the pass would have cost us. We didn't need the full pass for the lessons, but it did give us a chance to see more of the area with our skiing friends at the end of the week.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

£180pp

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You have to ask the question? How they make enough to live on escapes me sometimes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnboy wrote:
cersei,

Sounds reasonable to me considering a lift pass is generally worth £100 squid

Sometimes the lift pass you get isnt a full area pass.

Last year I went to soll and booked a "beginers learn to ski package" but the girl friends parents bought us ski lessons before we went which ment when we got there we were no longer begginers and the package didnt suite us.

The beginers lift pass wasnt vaild for the first day as they only planned to have you walking up the nursery slopes and then for the rest of the week it was only vaild on the lifts for the lower slopes. We had to upgrade our lift passes and lesson which only cost 40 Euro person so it wasnt that expesive.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the advice.

As a complete beginner, I am not too worried if pass limited. Anyway, IF (big IF) I progress that much in a few days, an upgrade probably possible.

I read Andorra does have snow now right? Hope so...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds like a good deal.

Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

£180pp

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You have to ask the question? How they make enough to live on escapes me sometimes.
I suppose that the marginal cost of a lift pass and hiring out a set of kit is very low. Most of the £180 will presumably go to the lessons, say £150. £30 for a 3 hour session in a group of say 8 or 10; someone should be making a decent living from that.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cersei, I have used this package in the past - five years ago to be exact and its excellent value for money. The majority of the instructors are English or English speaking and you'll have a fab time. You can upgrade your pass but I'm sure you wont have to. Pas De La Casa and Grau Roig are ideal for beginners - you'll love it. I fly out 4th Feb for a week. snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just thinking outside the box . . . If you took the beginner's package, used your own boots and argued your way in shop to better quality skis . . . would you get an automatic upgrade to an intermediate class if you were not a beginner? Don't most ski schools move their students up the line if they are better than their peers?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Masque, they do in Grandvalira. I was moved up after two days.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque, I've often thought that, although the brochure makes it clear its for complete begginers once you're in the hands of the ski school do they know exactly what you've paid for?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Smokin Joe, thanks

As it turns out, when I called to confirm Pas package today, was told that one is sold out! Luckily found one in Arinsal for £234pp HB and learn-to-ski package even cheaper at £144pp! (by the way similiar package in a Bulgaria Borovets was only £128).

Looking forward to it and many thanks again to all whom has helped.
snow report
Just in case anyone was wondering, according to the brochure, the Thomson LTS package includes a 6 day Pas De La Casa local pass only. If you're truly a beginner that would be more than enough
ski holidays
cersei, I booked with Thomson for 2 Complete beginner packages even though Im not but BF is ( well was) - no problems, I went straight into top group no questions asked. Instructors dont give a monkeys!

PS this was in Arinsal
snow report
Nadenoodlee, That wouldn't work in Pas De La Casa where the instructors for the top group would want to take you out of the local area.
snow report
Spindrift, thats why I said Arinsal
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy