Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski rental online

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I saw a recommendation for an online ski rental site on here a few days ago, I've searched but I can't find it now, could someone remind me. It was cheaper than renting in resort.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try:

http://www.interlocation.com/index.aspx?langue=2
www.skiset.com
www.snowrental.net

Mostly 20% off but not in all resorts.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have used Snowrental and found them to be very cheap.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can anyone enlighten me as to the various "grades" of ski that companies like Skiset for example offer on their websites? They offer "bronze", "silver" and "gold" which they suggest are suitable for "beginners", "intermediates" or "advanced" respectively. Is it as simple as this or do the grades really refer to quality of ski ? Is it worth investing in the higher grade skis irrespective of ability or would, for example, my wife (who has 1 week of skiing behind her) find silver or gold skis too "technical"?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I saw a recommendation for an online ski rental site on here a few days ago, I've searched but I can't find it now, could someone remind me. It was cheaper than renting in resort

mike.healy,

Feel free to use this arrangement that I have with SkiSet (rental shops in most resorts in France and some in other Europe). There is a 20% discount if arranged and paid for in advance.

http://flameski.skiset.com/
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Following on from this, is it worth booking in advance? or do most people turn up and, have a look around and see what is on offer at each shop.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stevec, Really depends on when & where. If it's half term or Easter it might be best to book in advance, at quiet times you could shop around. snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stevec, Did the turning up & looking around bit here in Flachau, chose one of the INTERSPORT shops because of its good choice of good condition skis & was given 20% discount when I asked ( nicely) for it - give it a go !
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skiset give 20% for booking online.

You can type in a discount code to get 25% or so. SCGB have a 25% deal, as do customers who have done online booking before. simo1234, do you get a cut?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nickH, I did a bit of a tour of the internet sites this week before booking skis on-line. I was somewhat surprised to find Intersport were the cheapest when quoting for 3 pairs of skis and one snowboard. The only reason that i didn't use them in the end was that the shop in Tignes has always resembled a rugby scrum on transfer days. 20% discount seems to be the norm except at "low" season. snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
george owen, I know what you mean about scrums, perhaps one advantage of booking online as it does give you some priority. I now prefer to turn up & check out the local shops if only because I've found that there can be a real difference in both variety & quality of skis offered, even between, say, INTERSPORT shops in the same resort. I'll certainly continue to try for discount !!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy