Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's snowing on my hill outside Brighton

Poster: A snowHead
Oooh, we've got snow darn sarf - the sky is white, temp on my hill is now 0C so let's hope for a big freeze tonight and more snow. I'll be getting a plastic bag toboggan out of the garage in the morning if this keeps up!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dammit its snowed everywhere apart from here Mad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very wet rain here in Brighton Mad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
petemillis, where exactly is this white hill Shocked
It's persistantly wet rain here in Seaford Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
petemillis, Definitely rain here in Kemptown. Which part of the south coast metropolis are you located?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tom, you want to come over here to Woodingdean - they're proper flakes. shame the ground is so wet!
crazy_skier_jules, you oughta change your location.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And am I going to need my snow chains driving home to Newhaven?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OMG! I have to drive to Bolney in the next hour - am I gonna make it? Do I need to hope Halfords have chains? Shall I take a flask and shovel wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Woodingdean is a weird place - climate of its own up here. Seems to be a bit wetter now but still some big flakes. Needs to cool down a bit more. Still no white hill yet - please please get colder!
Tim - you work or live in Kemptown?
Michelle - I like some bits of Seaford. Is it getting as rough as the little stories in the Argus would have us believe? I love walking up over Seaford Head and down to Cuckmere Haven - then nosh in the Golden Galleon!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Michelle, Ahh Bolney - that's where my dogs are going on holiday when we go away next month.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
petemillis, Work in Kemptown, Live on Mount Pleasant, Newhaven, shop in Seaford. (Originally moved to Seaford in 1989). I can reccomend the Seven Sisters pub on the Alfriston road. Goden Galleon food not as good now it has been taken over by a chain - IMHO.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I need to type less fast to stop the silly errrrrors!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can also recommend the Flying Fish in Denton. Owned by a french/belgian chef and his wife. Alpine and other french delights at pub food prices! Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TimDog, I agree about the Golden Galleon, but it does nice for a drink whilst out for a walk Little Angel
petemillis, yup, it has been pretty bad, but thankfully, although we can see the sea, I don't need to drive along the seafront to get home!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
TimDog, heard lots of good things about it, but never seem to get there. Maybe we should have a snowHead get-together there sometime!
latest report
Michelle, Absolutley agree about the GG for a drink after a walk. If you ever see a bright yellow alfa in the GG car park, I'll be sat outside the pub enjoying the view. Very Happy
latest report
Michelle wrote:
TimDog, heard lots of good things about it, but never seem to get there. Maybe we should have a snowHead get-together there sometime!
Definitely! Very Happy
snow conditions
petemillis, A snow update, please? snowHead
ski holidays
It's not snowing in Leamington Spa, in fact it's quite sunny. Sad
ski holidays
I didn't realise the GG was being run by a chain. We went in there just before Christmas and the food seemed pretty decent (and prices not too bad either). I'll check out the Seven Sisters next time I'm down that way which will be this coming weekend.
flying Fish in Denton - I only went in there once when I was in the local riding club. I was probably about 18 or 19 so 20 years ago! Must check it out again at some point.
One of my mates lives (bloke called Pete Harwood, in a band called The Recoil) up at Mt Pleasant - he bought a fairly run down place up there about a year or so ago and is doing it up with his OH (Lindsey), not to sell, but to stay in.
Small world init!
If I ever see a brighton yellow Alfa in the GG carpark, I'll walk in calling "TimDog"! What Alfa is it? I used to have one of the little ones - a 1978 Alfasud 1.5ti. It started off red, but by the time I finished with it it was red, white and green Hammerite. Oh happy days.

Michelle, do you remember a restaurant in Seaford called the Masthead?
ski holidays
TimDog - snow update - it's getting fluffier again. Wind picking up - I think we could be in for some severe drifts Laughing
ski holidays
Its cold and bright in Coventry - the weather not the people.

Perfect skiing weather, if it wasn't for the lack of snow, hills etc
snow conditions
petemillis, It's a 2001 Spider 2.0 twinspark. Got me back from St Gervais pdq a couple of weeks ago! And it was trying to snow as I came over the top of West N/haven but only rain in Sainsbury's car park. Sad
latest report
Not noticed anything over here at Shoreham Airport, and I doubt Storrington will have anything, *Puts his Un-PC hat on* if it did, all the chavs and OAP's would have wasted it.
ski holidays
Damn, the blizzard has eased off a bit. Fingers crossed for more though!
snow report
petemillis, If you have an eta at the Seven Sisters thenlet me know - I may well be there.
snow report
TimDog, not sure of an eta yet for Seven Sisters as it all depends on what time we manage to drag the kids out the house. I'll bung a post up here nearer the time - our weekends tend to be quite random!

SNOW REPORT - MY HILL OUTSIDE BRIGHTON Freezing temperatures and 2cm of overnight snow have left the ground covered this morning. Currently no snow falling. It must have been very cold overnight as even the gritted roads are covered. Could do with several cm more before the local "pistes" can open.
snow report
Snow in Newhaven at 6:30am GMT - 2cm. Snow in Brighton but not as much. Will I be skiing down Seaford Head tonight? snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
1.5 ins of snow in SW London overnight. If the Thames Riviera can manage that, any ski resort not up to its armpits in fresh powder isn't really trying.
snow report
TimDog, presently, no. The sun came out and melted it all. But the sun has gone away again, the temperature is dropping, and the skies are looking very white Very Happy
ski holidays
Michelle, We live in hope..... snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy