Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

hello from val d'isere

Poster: A snowHead
hi all.

02am here after several small vinos...so here goes.

pistes are generally worn but white. Show/ice in the village. we skied a lot of runs today but best were northfacing. south ones are a bit icey. We have been given tip of trying the 2 glaciers at Val & tignes. will find and ski them both tomorrow. Val is quite a beautiful village whilst Tignes is quite concrete and ugly. Been to pacific bar and still not sure about 'sharking` as per my previous thread. unfortuantely we have had our afternoon siesta (5pm-)so missed any decent early apres ski. Just managed to re wake at 8pm , bit of dinner, mucho vino grande then finally hit town at 11.30 pm.

stiill getting to grips with euro 6 for a pint. Seem to be a lots of rich 18-22 year olds with rich daddies or helped by uncle mastercard. Need to find where the oldies hangout.

definatley recommend big shop in super U (hypermarket) in Bourg st maurice if driving. (20 mins away) the several supermkts in town are ok but a bit small.

bye the way, I am able to type this entry using someones wifi link. therefore take laptop with a 54g/11g . perhaps I can organise a waive on the online webcams if enough people are interested. skiing as nuns on wednesday.

Viva la france/ they don't like it up 'em,.

Seeya, K.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 15-01-07 18:47; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
[quote="kezzy1966"]

Quote:
Val is quite a beautiful village whilst Tignes is quite concrete and urgly.

Val D is a town not a village and parts of it are 'quite concrete & ugly' Sad Just look at some of the apartment blocks and the area around the garage. Tignes & Val D are not architecturaly significantly different.

What do you think of La Daille apartment blocks which are concrete and metal clading?

If you do not like ugly Tignes please stay in Val D and forgo the best skiing in the Espace Killy which is in Tignes Blush

Otherwise open your eyes, enjoy the great mountain views, and have a great holiday in an area which has some of the best snow in the Alps Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stewart woodward, Be fair, the centre of Val is quite "villagy".. wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
of the two glaciers, my view there are more demanding runs off the Tignes glacier. ski down to Tignes and travel up the furnicular . I recall the runs off the glacier in Val to be more suited to beginners. Probably quicker and go up there via the Le formet ski lift.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski,
Quote:
stewart woodward, Be fair, the centre of Val is quite "villagy".. wink
Only because of all the villagey people.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Any news of expected snow, kezzy1966?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BOOthy, next snow dump expected on friday.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kezzy1966 wrote:
Val is quite a beautiful village whilst Tignes is quite concrete and ugly.

You're not making full use of daylight hours. If there's daylight you should be skiing not looking at architecture! Razz
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hmm and to think that only a week ago I was skiing lovely soft powder up above Le Fornet Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads

- and these were the pistes on Friday wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yoda, how did you manage to paste a pic here and if in resort fancy meeting for a beer?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kezzy1966, I was in Ste Foy last week, just popped up to Val Despair for a day or two. Thanks for the offer anyway wink

As for pics, get yourself over to the snowMedia zone and register Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
02.05am mucho vino grande...

tonight we went to victors at 2145, They normally sell cocktails at 13euros but they have a happy hour giving 2-4-1 between 2000-2200. very good quality cocktails. more of the chelsea mob 18-25 again but not bad. completely empty after 2200. Went to le petit de danois (presume it translates to small danish) at 2215, after happy hour, but my gut feeling is that it will be very good during happy hour. will try there tomorrow early on.

TOP TIP3 : FLASH PIZZA in same complex as 'le pub' just before the first roundabout from la daille, very small little backstreet pizzaeria, No english tourist would dare to open the door but should do so. seats 10, main earner is delivery, excellent thin and crispy bases. Suggest you go for go for as light a topping as possible to compliment the excellant bases.

went to moris pub again . tonight we had the band 'mullet'. again moris deliver although their all over pub amp system let the band down. To enjoy the band you really need to be in front of the stage. the more middle of the road/ middle aged congregate towards the RHS of the bar. In front of stage is normally 20-25yoa attempting mush pit diving (in my day it was muff pitt diving but lets not go there)

For·mi·da·ble ! ...bring back maggie,

Kieran.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
wednesday. very hot in resort. runs getting slushy. need to keep to the north facing runs.

Found a local whats on guide called the 'mountain echo'. well worth it for local event news.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
latest report
links above to pics of resort in last couple of days.
snow conditions
Nice Pictures. Smile Brings back memories from Feb 06
snow conditions
Thursday 0830 CET: snowing in resort now. very poor visability up mountain.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy