Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

womens' skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought a pair of Rossi B1 skis last season and have been reasonably happy with them. However, I hired a pair of K2 Burnin Luvs and much prefer them. The B1s now feel all soft and stuffy, whereas on the K2s I feel .........inspired!!! Should I leave the B1s somewhere behind a hedge and buy the K2s, or demo some others. I thought the K2s were a lot livelier, especially for short turns. Are there any other similar skis to demo? I don't want to keep buying skis each year. I like carving on piste although I've just spent a 10 days in the moguls at Winter Park. What fun!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My favourite piste skis were the Head Fast Thang Slalom skis. I'd give them a go!!

Best thing is to demo as many as you can, and then go with the ones you like best........and then NEVER try any more until you want to buy again!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I own a pair of the k2 burnin luvs and really like them. I think there are many options out there for women that weren't there a few years ago. If you have a chance to demo, do it. However, you can't go wrong with the Burnin Luvs. The properties they have will get you through nearly every ski condition out there with confidence and style.

I like the way they carve when you need a carver, plow through crud when you need that stability and float on powder when you have the occasional powder rush.

There are better carvers, and powder skis out there but the Burnin Luv is definitely a decent all around ski.

I am a good one to ask because I change skis like most people change their sox Embarassed
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wha happened to your Metrons?

(you gonna go lift-free, huh? huh? huh? Think of all the spin-class money saved!)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
comprex, I sold them
I have a new quiver, didn't you hear?

Don't you love a chick who isn't afraid to alter her quiver?
Nordica Nitrous
The ski
Volkl Karma
K2 Burnin luv
and soon to be a consumer race ski

Skis I sold this year
Teledaddy's
(2) P50's
Metrons
Volkl Gamma AX3's
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What is the difference with womens skis, ladies? I'm still at the stage where until a few weeks ago I thought skis were...well..... skis! Are there unisex ones or will the hire shop have different ones for guys and gals. Also, if unisex ones exist, do true ladies ones make much difference? the answer to this could be important when I consider how long to go on hiring for (though it won't change me this year for certain)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum, Womens skis are mounted slightly forward for the difference in weight distribution, which will help you maintain the correct new school position. And they are a touch softer so they should be easier to flex.

I know that I had my metrons mounted in the forward position and got more out of them. It can make a difference but not always.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy