Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'isere drinks and eats...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First time to Val d'isere this weekend. I'm a bit concerned on reports of how expensive Val is for drinks. Is there any cheap pubs there?

How much is a pint there anyway? Surely there is somewhere down the back streets?

Found this resort review by an ex-worker:
http://travel.ciao.co.uk/Val_d_Isere__Review_5415671 - looks like 'the saloon' should be tested.

Also this one http://www.natives.co.uk/resorts/vdi/valdisere.htm ...but I do not underterstand what "sharking" is in the Pacific Bar. Any ideas?

But as an ex-sauze d'oulx rep I know that workers (chalet staff etc) often do not the best places to go.

Alternatively I may need to get stocked up with beers from the supermarket and take my karaoke machine.

Supermarkets:
What are the supemankets like in Val? is it worth stocking up in the hypermarket in Bourg on route?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 11-01-07 12:51; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kezzy1966, sharking is most likely some form of attempting to pick people up.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
New phrase on me. Surely you would not attempt to pick someone up at the biginning of the night? Sounds potentialy expensive.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kezzy1966, it doesn't say at the beginning of the night!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kezzy1966 wrote:
New phrase on me. Surely you would not attempt to pick someone up at the biginning of the night? Sounds potentialy expensive.

It's the theory of "go ugly, early"
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just found this on http://www.mugss.org/comedy/injokes/sharking.shtml

"Sharking

Just for a change, a definition that isn't directly related to alcohol...

Sharking is defined as chasing after desirable members of the opposite sex in an unsubtle and determined fashion. " "... The term covers both a determined play for a single person, and more general attempts to pull anything that stays still long enough. Unsurprisingly the most notorious society sharks are known for the latter. "
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't know about cheap pubs, but for reasonably cheap lunch on the slopes I use the Marmottes restaurant next to the bottom of the Marmottes and Borsat Express lifts. It's around half the price of the next restaurant down the hill (Folie Douce I think)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I seem to remember somewhere called the Clock Bar or something (it had a lot of clocks in anyway, I think). My memory is not too sharp, so I obviously overindulged. However I do remember prices starting fairly low and then increasing as time went buy to normal levels (well VdI normal).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NickB, I agree about the Marmottes. I was quite shocked by how cheap it was compared to most places in Espace Killy!

Val isn't that bad and there are cheap places to eat and drink. It caters for all markets. There is a good and biggish supermarket near the centre.

snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy