Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm having a snaeky weekend here on me own. The snow is not bad on the upper 2/3 of the mountain, non existent lower down - the few home runs open are tongues of foul snow stretching rather sadly across the meadows. Still, it was snowing all day today (pretty hopeless visibility) and tommorow is supposed to be fine so I might get a couple of decent enough days.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A bit more info in case anyone is going in the next week or so.

The lower part of the mountain is bare of snow apart from a run down to the bottom of the Hahnenkammbahn and one to the bottom of the Fleckalmbahn. They are obviously in fairly grizzly condition, but quite skiable. How long they'll last, who knows, but one can always take the gondola down. No other runs down into Kitzbuhel or into Kirchberg valley are open. On the top, the runs are all in remarkably good nick, starting off hard but quickly softening and inevitably getting a bit too soft by the end of the day. One run over at Pass Thurn was horribly icy even towards the end of the day and one on the way over there was horribly soft and muddy even in the morning, but apart from those things are pretty fair.

The Kitzbuhlerhorn ist geschlossen. The bottom stage of the main lift up there was working yesterday, but I assume that was for walkers. The horn itself has some snow, and there's some on the top of the ridge, but that's it.

If you're going in the next week or two, even without further snow you should have a good time.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 14-03-07 12:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Glad to hear you had a good time there richmond, and the snow was reasonable. Definitely sounds better than when I was there! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You were pretty unlucky, cathy. IIRC it snowed soon after you left and has been OK, not brilliant, since. There is adequate snow on all but the lowest runs, and they're doing a good job (with exceptions) of dealing with the ice.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy