Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss railway special when booked from abroad?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I seem to remember reading that if you book from abroad for a journey beginning at an airport station there is a special fixed price.

I have search but can't find any thread or google type success.

Am I dreaming??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You are correct. It's called the Swiss Transfer Ticket

Details here - http://www.myswissalps.com/swissrailpasses.asp?lang=EN#swisstransferticket
ski holidays
 brian
brian
rungsp,

http://www.swisstravelsystem.com/

and click on "swiss transfer ticket". Any under 16s travelling with you are free Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks...snowheads=fount of knowledge!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rungsp, check out the standard fare first. It may be cheaper.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Elizabeth B, = the little extra bit on the top of the fount of all knowledge!

I did...she is right!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What confused me is the Half Fare half price ticket - what are the limitations of that ? Why would anyone ever buy the full prices one ?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lampbus, you need a half-price card to buy it. This is a paid for season ticket. There is even a free fare card that works out cheaper than most UK season tickets (well mine when I used to commute, anyway).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's worth buying a half-price card if you travel to Switzerland a few times a year. I think they cost CHF350 for 3 years and they save a fortune.

If you're buying a transfer ticket always check whether it's actually cheaper than the standard 2nd-class return fare. The sliding value of the Swiss Franc has led to a weird situation where the Transfer Ticket is no longer the bargain that it once was.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Where the transfer ticket ican be a bargain is in the summer. You can get one (not sure if it is the standard?) that gives you your transfer free and all other journey's for a week/fortnight/month at half fare. Obviously this isn't an attraction for skiers and your lift pass covers you once you are in resort.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There is also a 6 day snow'n'rail ticket available, combining 6 day lift pass and train ticket. Seems to be for half fare card holders though.

http://www.railaway.ch/Deutsch/snowandrail/angebote/sr_6tage.html
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy