Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss ski school, how good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks

I see many mentions here of different ski schools and how some of the levels that folks get to are recognised in other countries. However, thus far I have not seen (as far as I can tell from some of the acronyms used) the one that my kids go to. They call them themselves 'Schweizer Ski-und Snowboardschule. I guess that's Swiss Ski and Snowboard School. I'm sure when we went last year they said that their book for the kids would be accepted elsewhere in Switzerland, but although I've no immediate plans to go elsewhere, I did just wonder whether other countries would accept it if it ever became necessary. Also, does it have a good reputation?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum, I got taught by the swiss ski school a couple of decades ago and they were very good, the kids books they do now are an excelent idea as it shows other instructors what standard the kids really are as opposed to what standard their parents claim, as for other countries the answer is maybe, I guess it would depend on who you taked to, but within Switzerland it will be accepted without question.

Now as to weather or not the Swiss Ski School has a good reputation, again I would suggest that it depends on who you talk to, however I might suggest that as far as a number of Brits are concerned it does seem to be better than a certain well known French establishment wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum,
In my experience there is as great a variation within ski schools as there are between them. My experiences with Swiss ski schools have generally been positive, though we have only once been with the kids.

The wee book that they get with their levels are not always the same in different countries or between schools in the same country but in practice they will slot in easily enough elsewhere.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megamum, that's just the name for the "official" ski school in every resort, so the schools will probably vary from resort to resort. I'm a product of the SSS in Wengen before joining the DHO - make what you will of that! Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, one of our visitors over Xmas, a total beginner, had 5 hours of private tuition in Laax and we were really impressed with his progress in that time. Now how much was down to him and how much down to the instructor, well sort of who knows? But he's a bit of a couch potato normally, not the most sporty or co-ordinated person in the world, he seemed really happy with his tuition and the instructor seemed really enthusiastic. I would have no qualms about recommending them again.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Megamum, the SSS (or ESS in French) is like the ESF in France, ie. the ubiquitous former monopoly in the red uniforms. It's run on a franchise basis so obviously will vary from place to place.

Fwiw, we were in Switzerland over Xmas and the ESS was busy with typical kids' class sizes being a dozen or more. We used the local ESI (another franchise organisation, based in France) school which limited class size to 6 (in fact my wee lad was in a class of 4). Prices were pretty similar, around £75 for 5 x 2.5 hour mornings.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian, - Ah..Yes - red uniforms that's it. Don't know much about ski schools - my first experience was last Feb.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just tell the Swiss you want to ski slalom like their man Marc Berthod did on the weekend. From 60th to 27th in the first run and then to 1st in the second. Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy