Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zurich airport to Davos

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having found myself with no one to ski with this feb half term (for some mad reason i decided to go into teaching 3 years ago) I booked a trip with extreme holidays to Davos. I looked at the documents the other day and realised that there is only an hour between the plane landing and the transfer bus leaving - after that there are no more coaches and I would have to get the train. Is the train journey from Zurich to Davos easy and is it fairly straightforward to work out platforms etc? Or am i worrying about nothing and an hour is more than enough? Any advice gratefully received!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
VickyP, The train journey is straight forward. The train station is right on Zurich Airport. There is a change involved, but that is not a big hassle. It takes about three hours.

I have done it a couple of times, but on a Fly/Rail, so I was not carrying luggage.

You need to know if you are alighting at Davos Dorf or Davos Platz.

I would have thought your transfer coach would wait for any late arrivals though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the info. I thought that the coach would wait, but it sounded a bit ominous when it said "if you miss the coach phone to reserve a place on the next one, if it is the last you will need to get the train" I know I would need to get off at Davos Platz. Think I'm going to cross my fingers for no delays or lost baggage and deal with the train if it happens!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
VickyP, It is easy as Latchigo, said, I seem to remember it was a change at Chur, it is quite spectacular if there has been a recent snow fall, the front mounted plough really throws it aside and they don't slowdown, afterall it is Switzerland and they have a timetable to keep to.
I know the Davos Klosters area well, you will have a great time, have you seen the WEF inteviews in the falling snow?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 25-01-07 17:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
I seem to remember it was a change at Chur

No, it's at Landquart (I misremembered the change in exactly the same way before). IIRC it's across the platform one way, and under the tunnel the other. The change was about 5 mins - just enough time for a couple hundred skiers to switch trains with luggage.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skanky, your right, Embarassed my brain must have been in neutral. Embarassed Wife flew into Fredrichshafven and had 4 changes, but the flight was cheap. wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dypcdiver, as I say easily done. wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yup, its an easy journey, change at Chur, IIRC. Some of the trains are double deckers, very scenic trip (if it's daylight).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yup, it's easily done.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Type your details into http://www.sbb.ch/en/ and it will give you a full breakdown of every change/platform etc
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sounds like a great journey, if it wasn't going to be dark I think I'd hope for a delay! Thanks for all the info, only 3 weeks 1 day! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy