Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach .....info please!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to saalbach on feb 24 on diy trip. Accomadation is an apartment just out of town on the road to hinterglemm(next to hotel sonne). What i need to know is ....
how good is the ski bus in mornings etc as suspect the apartment is more than a stroll with ski gear.

what about apres ski .any tips on lively bars etc for just after skiing and then also late night venues also is the taxi service good for getting home?

I like to have a good lunch on the slopes and love traditional austrian mountain huts so can anyone recommend some as well as what piste the're on as well as dish recommendations?

Is there a locker point at the ski lift? or would i be better to go to different lifts each day?

i am trying to arrange transfers and i know all about train service but think getting a coach transfer might be quicker and found this service from salzberg airport website https://www.transferbus.net/ has any one used these guys ? as far as i can make out its a to the door service and quite cheap for two of us failing that there is a service to the town center thats good value

We are self catering as in apartment so what about restaurants in the town in the evening? any recommendations

finally anyone tried the night skiing/sledding? is it worth the effort?

I must say i am really looking forward to this trip and hopefully the accomadation is as good as described as it was a bargain. Loads of questions I know so just answer one if you can thanks!!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
daveqpr, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I stayed just outside Saalbach last Easter....and from what I could see the ski bus seemed to be okay....but I was within a reasonable walk so didn't actually use it.

Hopefully it was because it was end of season when I went, but I found the restaurants woefully inadequate (eg the pizzeria in hinterglemm that when I asked for a pizza said "sorry, we only serve ice cream"!!)

Bobby's seemed to be the main evening "apres ski" place, but it was a touch too smokey for me, so i tended to go somewhere quieter.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try......www.vorderegger.at I'v used them many times and always found them O.K.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We did a 'friends' holiday (as opposed to family) there 2 years ago.
Our hotel was part way between Saalbach + Hinterglemm so we relied on the skibus everyday. Basically we had to go the one direction because we were one of the earlier stops in that direction, as the bus was full going the other way. The only thing I disliked about the area was the uphill trek to the lifts first off - although once you were up skiing, then it didn't matter.
We always seemed to have our last run into the village passing the goathouse which was always bumping even at 3pm.
We would have a few drinks in the town, then taxi back to the hotel for dinner. We never had problems and we were a a party of 10.

We really liked the area and had over a metre of snow the week we were there, with the last day being the most perfect blue sky day of skiing ever.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
daveqpr, Assorted answers for you:

Apres: Bauers Skialm, Hiterhagalm and Goattstall are the three best apres ski places (assuming of course you like wild Austrian style dancing on tables in ski boots to tacky music). All on or immediately at the bottom of the slopes.

Sledding: There is now a new floodlit sledding, on the North sid above Hinterglemm. However instaed I would definitely recommend a night out at the spielberghaus. They pick you up on he back of a snowplough, take you up, feed & water you well, and give you a lttle plastic sledge to ski down the 3km run on!

Skibus: every 20 mins. Free with lift pass. Sometimes slightly crowded.

Lockers: Some of the larger lift stations (there are aboug 8 differen gondelas and 3 chair lifts that go up from the valley) have lockers

There are lots of good restaurants in both Saalbach and Hinterglemm. Explore and take your pick.

Lots of different mountain restaurants from some large cafes to smaller huts. There's also quite a lot just at the bottom of the slopes. Again no particular recommendation, but there's a good selection. Some of the same bars that have wild apres ski later on do quite nice meals during the day.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We stayed outside of Saalbach about 3 years ago and the ski bus was a total nightmare. Absolutely rammed in the morning, skis and board got ruined, 3 yr old child of ours kept getting hit by unsuspecting/unaware locals, rammed in the evening, poorly signed, went wrong way once( even though i asked driver which way he was going- i speak goodish german). would rather crawl over broken glass than use that bus again.
plus points, however, are that the resort itself was really nice and charming, bit chocalatey boxey, good runs, friendly people.

landing sight of my worst (best?) wipeout ever.

Enjoy! Razz
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy