Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Temptation.

Poster: A snowHead
So, I've got the week after next booked off from work. And there's no snow in Europe at the moment. But there's loads in Whistler....

Is a cheeky warm up week in Whistler too extravagant?

It does depend on being able to swap work around when I get back, so no definite plans as yet, but it is very tempting indeed.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kramer, if you can get a good last minute deal, why not.

Canada is very good at the moment, but extreemly cold.

Go for it Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go for it, you've got the time & they've got the snow.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kramer, go for it! I think most snowHead s are going to be there that week! Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is Whistler the new La Rosiere? (Or is that impossible?) Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Go for it Kramer! snowHead

..but stop plagarising my thread titles first! Toofy Grin http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=20865
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kramer, well worth it. I've done that a couple of times - head to Whistler in early December. Go for it!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kramer,
Quote:

Is a cheeky warm up week in Whistler too extravagant?

'tis nothing compared with the bar bills of sitting around a resort with no snow Crying or Very sad

The only thing that might be as good right now seems to be a week in Mt Baker Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kramer, A single man, with a weeks leave and you need to ask ??? Shocked Confused

Get online and go for it!!! snowHead

. . . say hi to Hels_t for us !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
come on.

i have got a spare sofa
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I don't think you need advice...this is snowheads, you knew the answer already...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Send us post when you arrive Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well that's it booked then. Not the cheapest holiday, but what the hell, it's been a tough couple of months, and I deserve it. Very Happy

paulhothersall, HelsT, any others, I'll have to get contact details from you before I leave.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Kramer,

Good on you, you carbon emitting, planet killing, epitome of extravagance !!

Jealous, moi ? Laughing

pics, pics, we want PICS !!!!! Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kramer, no - you work hard for it, so do it. Plant some trees and sponser a goat to make up for it.
latest report
This isn't a question. Its gloating rolling eyes
ski holidays
Shiite, now this is tempting me, ditch the cheapy Easyjet flight to Grenoble and head off to the snow insted.... decisions decisions
latest report
rayscoops, you know it makes sense. It has cost me about three times as much though. Shocked

dan100, point taken. I was on the fence for twelve hours. Sorry.
ski holidays
ahh.. totally excellent impromptu expensive spending on luxurys .. i commend you .. its what money was designed to be used for
latest report
if you tell me your staying the westin resort n spa ill be double impressed
snow report
double shiite, I already looking at flights
snow conditions
CANV CANVINGTON, no, I got a late package with Crystal Finest.
snow report
Enjoy that long and bumpy flight. Going green
snow report
IncogSkiSno wrote:
Kramer, A single man, with a weeks leave and you need to ask ??? Shocked Confused

Married man don't ask to go skiing alone either. They just try to gently slip it into the conversation and see if they get away with it.
snow report
Kramer, Enjoy, you lucky barsteward, I'm not really envious - truly I'm not ! Going green

DB . . . hmm it's not working for me rolling eyes
snow conditions
DB, me neither, cannot negotiate agreed extra weekend in april into full week.

Kramer, Lucky Lucky b@st@rd... I hope "crystal finest" turns out to be an oyxmoron...
ski holidays
Kramer,

doh - puting ideas into my head now!!
What was the damage if you don't mind me asking? I'm getting tempted myself!!
ski holidays
Kramer, have you been to whistler before? if not, prepare to have a lot of fun! top tip - buy yourself the skiing guidebooks available in lots of the stores. really clearly laid out and gives loads of lines which aren't marked on the piste map. also, those cornice drops aren't as bad as they look. took me a while to summon up the will to do them but you get used to them after a while
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arno, thanks for the tip. This'll be my third visit, not quite sure what I'm planning on during the day. I'll probably try and hook up with some snowHeads, maybe get a few lessons. Very Happy
latest report
Well I'm sure you'll have a great trip and I really hope your prediction in my snow forecast thread comes true Smile

Great place to try out some fat skis as well, lucky git Sad

I tried to persuade my missus to take advantage of an Inghams Jan offer, for £299 to Fernie, but she felt it was too far away from the kids for a week Sad

Have fun, don't post too many pics or gloats whilst you are out there!!

regards,

Greg
snow report
stuarth, pm on it's way to you. The more the merrier. Very Happy
snow conditions
kitenski, don't worry, I won't go near a computer for the week. Very Happy
ski holidays
Try some Scott Missions and tell me how good they are at least Smile
ski holidays
Just to gloat one last little bit. Just worked out that I'll probably manage seven days skiing due to the flight times. Very Happy
snow conditions
kitenski, will do. Scotts, Big Troubles, Seths, B3s, and Karmas.
latest report
Kramer,

Cheers for the PM snowHead Very tempting snowHead - especially as I wont get to use all 15 of on my 15 day 'season' pass when I'm out there in March, and my week in europe early january looks doubtful if the snow doesn't turn up somewhere soon!!

Assuming the shops are carrying the same brands as last year (and the year before...) here's a few pointers for finding your skis...
Not sure where does Scotts or Dynastar in Whistler - maybe Comor (opposite the Brewhouse) or Fanatyk (near the keg).
For the Seths go to Summit (under the Hilton) - think can'tski also do K2 and will probably have demos
For the B3s and Karmas go to Whistler Village Sports (opposite Crystal Lodge) or SnowCovers (In the market place)
latest report
Kramer, try out some Prior Originals if you can. The factory is in Whistler and I think there is a shop somewhere. They had a demo tent (along with various other companies) when I was there last time. It was so nice swapping my rubbish B4s for a decent ski and a bit gutting to have to swap them back 2 hours later Mad
ski holidays
Has anyone done the Extremely Canadian or the Dave Murray Camp. Looks like a little gates training may be in order. wink
latest report
stuarth, do it, DO IT, DO IT!
snow conditions
Kramer wrote:
Has anyone done the Extremely Canadian or the Dave Murray Camp. Looks like a little gates training may be in order. wink

Extremely Canadian about 30+ times
Dave Murray camp about 25 or so times

I'm a slow learner wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy