Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How long are the Tamworth and Milton Keynes Slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I can find the lenght of the MK slope on the Xscape site, anyone know how long Tamworth is?

Boyo
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not long enough.

Both slopes are each somewhere around 150 - 200m in length.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you go to Tamworth's web site the slope length is in big letters on the homepage! 170 metres. The "About Us" page at XScape's MK location also says 170m. It's amazing, what you can find on t'internet.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Embarassed in my defense the window was scrolled down!

Do you know if MK is a straight run like Castleford? or bendy (at the top atleast) like Tamworth?

Boyo
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MK is a straight run, split down the middle by support-struts for the roof. There is a separate, shorter beginners' slope just off to one side. MK has 2 button lifts. Snow quality is usually, but not always, good.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tamworth uses an earlier snow making method and generally the MK snow is better. For a while there was a problem at MK of leaking glycol from pipes which made the snow sticky but this seems to be mended.
MK slope is STEEPER, though if you cut close to the corner at Tamworth you can get a similar line (but come round the corner blind).
I'm not sure where the length is measured at Tamworth - I suspect the outer edge of the dog-leg (but it might be the mid-line).

Personally I think MK is better - the only thing against it is the posts down the middle. It is also part of a large complex and you can borrow new skis to test from the Ellis Brigham shop and go to a choice of restaurants, pubs, shops, cinema etc after skiing (or even a very good Art gallery accross the road). At one end of the complex (outside) there is also a vertical wind-tunnel where you can try out your sky-diving technique without having to jump out of an aircraft (I haven't tried it yet).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Its about 20 minutes difference in the travel time to MK and Tamworth for the Ski Wedneday gig ... any thoughts on the best option?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MK.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
not long enough...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tamworth is really about 120m, MK about 150 and Castleford about 170m. BUT, Tamworth claim more by measuring the longest way round the outside, and Castleford include the beginners bit at the far end.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So we've got the length - what about the width?

I've been to both and I think that MK was wider - though it's a few years since I went to MK.

Also, bear in mind that MK has a button lift but Tamworth has a magic carpet/escalator which was much easier for me when I was learning to board.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hmmmmm ..... just checked the site again and Tamworth is cheaper for Ski Wednesday. We went last year and it was getting bare in patches by the end. Can I try skis at the EB store in Tamworth?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boyo, ellis brigham at Tamworth will let you demo skis.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy