Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck on 26 + 27: Where to Ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The title says it, really. I’m in Innsbruck on those days, and given the current poor conditions and a forecast that doesn’t call for any considerable snowfall this week, where am I best off going?

The options as I see them:

Axamer Lizum: close to town, but only with limited operation. Normally it’d be my first choice, but is it worthwhile at the moment?

Kühtai: also close, and at a high elevation, but oddly it seems to be in very limited operation.

Stubai Glacier: the obvious choice, really. 90 min bus ride each way, but it’s at least about 50% open.

St. Anton: actually only 70 minutes by train (although timing in the morning could be better). Will it be better than the above three?

Sölden: about a 90 minute journey, but not as easy as getting to Stubai (multiple transfers). It seems like they have a lot of terrain open. Would it be worth the effort?

Am I forgetting anything?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hintertux?

Only an hour or so by car.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sadly no car, I'm afraid.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Obertauren??
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ami in berlin, please, read this article.

http://www.tirol.com/wirtschaft/innsbruck/52656/index.do
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ami in berlin wrote:
The title says it, really. I’m in Innsbruck on those days, and given the current poor conditions and a forecast that doesn’t call for any considerable snowfall this week, where am I best off going?

The options as I see them:

Axamer Lizum: close to town, but only with limited operation. Normally it’d be my first choice, but is it worthwhile at the moment?

Kühtai: also close, and at a high elevation, but oddly it seems to be in very limited operation.

Stubai Glacier: the obvious choice, really. 90 min bus ride each way, but it’s at least about 50% open.

St. Anton: actually only 70 minutes by train (although timing in the morning could be better). Will it be better than the above three?

Sölden: about a 90 minute journey, but not as easy as getting to Stubai (multiple transfers). It seems like they have a lot of terrain open. Would it be worth the effort?

Am I forgetting anything?

def recommend Stubai. would've thought that more than 50% will be open by the Christmas week. maybe you've done your research already but I wouldn't have thought the bus should take 90mins - is this the local bus time? have you checked to see if there is a special ski bus that does it quicker? if it takes 90mins it will be stopping at every point because it isn't that far.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy