Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Soll

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all

My boyfriend and i are going to Gasthof Tenne in Soll, Austria.
I was wondering if ppl could tell me a little about the area, whats it like at the end of Dec. and is it a good or expensive area Puzzled

Thanx loads

Linzi Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Linzi, welcome to snowHead
I've never been to Soll, but I'm sure that there'll be loads here to tell you all about it soon!
Have fun!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been to Soll. Quite a big skiing area as it is part of the Ski Welt. Soll itself is quite a nice village, pedestrianised centre and a dome shaped church.

I enjoyed it - I hope you do too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Soll is a wicked place for skiing, the night life is lacking a bit but there is one club and a few cool bars. It is not to expensive, cheaper than most french resorts. The ski area is massive, I got lost last year and had to come down 2 villages across but had an amazing week.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Linzi, It's a great area if you like clocking up many miles on mainly wide, well-pisted runs. There's nothing scary there. All well protected too as most is tree-lined. Good lift system too. Only drawback is schlepping from your hotel (which is bang in the centre) to the gondola station. There is a bus service or the taxi rank is right by your hotel. Luckily though you're just a short crawl from the Whisky Muhle (the only night club in town). Suggest you give the Panoramabad a go if you fancy an outdoor swim (it's up near the lift) and I'd highly recommend the night skiing... from the mid station to resort level under floodlights (uplift by gondola luckily as it can get very parky). I've night skied just about everywhere and I reckon this is the best. Snow is pretty reliable at that time of year and I reckon you'll enjoy it lots.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Linzi,

Hiya,stayed at the Gasthoff Tenne last year- What an absolute DUMP.

Only joking, the food is top, service is even better, though the waiter looked a bit gayish, dont rely on the ten pin bowling as it is not what you would expect, this is Austria after all. Good choice and location.I am out there from 23/12 c u in the salvan stadl sat nite.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Piste Masher wrote:
though the waiter looked a bit gayish

Oh no, how did you handle that situation?! Puzzled rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't know if I should say it but in Soll there is a church with human bones locked up in an external apartment, facing the graveyard. It is the big church right in the town centre with white walls and yellow and pink stripes. Nobody can miss it but you wouldn't notice unless you take a look at the content behind metal bars at the bottom of the external wall. Never saw the same thing again anywhere. Here is a chilly picture of it.

Apart from the above it is plesant villege with good food at reasonable price.

Soll is one of the 7 tentacles of Ski Welt so you can ski to Going, Ellmau, Scheffrau, Hopgarten, Brxental.....

Good skiing, excellent food, great views at the top. Westerndorf, the only unlinked small part of Ski Welt needs a bus to go to. Mind you Kitzbuhel isn't far away either and can't be reached by 30 minutes on wheels.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As far as last week very little snow in Soll itself, but because it's in the Welt your lift ticket will be valid for all the other "resorts" in the area.

My colleague goes every year and loves it! Very typically Austrian "homey" and supposed to be a great resort for intermediates.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm off to Soll again tomorrow (23rd) and despite the poor snow so far, I can't wait! Its a really nice typical Austrian village, with an extensive ski area, good bars, and a couple of night clubs. I've not stayed at the Gasthof Tenne, but am sure its okay...I've never stayed in a crap Austrian hotel...we will be at the Eggerwirt.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is it this one?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy