Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

keeping feet warm!

Poster: A snowHead
My wife always gets cold feet when we ski - always! Smile Has anyone got any heated insoles? are they any good?

I tried looking for other threads on this but couldn't find anything. cheers!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What does she wear on her head?

...and what does she wear on her feet?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
believe me she certainly wraps up well - plenty of layers and decent quality kit. she's got new boots this season which should help but generally she justs gets cold easily. thought some sort of warmer might make a good christmas present.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's a well known problem for women, they feel the cold more especially in the hands and feet - I find no matter how warm the rest of me is they always get cold! I've got the Therm-ic heated insoles in my boots and they are the best investment I've ever made, my feet are no longer blocks of ice Happy This year I've bought the equivalent heated gloves, so no more cold extremities for me Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nuttyprofessor, thanks for that. I saw them when I trawled the tinternet cost around £35. where have you put the battery for the insole? on you boots? comfy/uncomfy?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They clip onto the back of the boot and do not interfere with the boot in any way. I got the small Liion batteries http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/710024||@c@bTherm-ic|0|user|1,0,0,1|9|. I had Snow and Rock do the fitting for me.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maplins are knocking out heated gloves for £9.99. They're probably rubbish, and they take AAA batts so either they'll be so heavy you'll have to get an extra pair of skis to carry them around on or the heat'll last for about 30s, but they're cheap. They also do a heated waistcoat thing, powered by AAs, for £19.99. Worth every penny, I'm sure.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nuttyprofessor wrote:
It's a well known problem for women, they feel the cold more especially in the hands and feet - I find no matter how warm the rest of me is they always get cold! I've got the Therm-ic heated insoles in my boots and they are the best investment I've ever made, my feet are no longer blocks of ice Happy This year I've bought the equivalent heated gloves, so no more cold extremities for me Happy

Have to second this, although mine are Hotronics with the element on a Conformable insole. The block of ice feeling was most unpleasant - especially as it destroyed control too

There was a thread on this a couple fo months ago IIRC - entitled sth like "One for the boys" and started by Incogskisnow??
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have Thermic custom insoles. They're great, though as soon as I bought them the temperatures went from the -15 we had had for ages to about + 15, within a week. Including the battery pack they cost a great deal more than £35 though and with custom moulding you won't get much change out of £100. But that £100 makes much more contribution to your skiing comfort than a "label" jacket will. Beware, one of my battery packs must have got knocked off my boot last year, gone for ever. I'll need to find a way to fix them on more securely. Meanwhile I can only warm one foot at a time....anyone want to sell one? The cheapest battery packs use AA batteries, which I bought, and they really need to be changed every day if you use them much, so it take a bit of organisation with a charger. But the more expensive battery packs are around £80. Difficult to see why they need be so expensive; lack of competition, I guess.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tirol - Tchibo are currently doing a heated footbeds for around £30 - £35.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I also used to suffer badly with cold feet but since having new boots with girls extra warm insoles (Nordica) last season the problem seems to be more or less gone. I was told to try hitting legs gently above the knee joint on chair lifts to aid the circulation (sounds daft but works!) & wiggle toes. I also take my boots back to the hotel every night rather than leave them in the locker room & make sure they are completely dry for the next day. I have a set of boot dryers (not the warm air kind, the boot snake type that absorb any excess moisture) which I stick in after apres ski beers!

I feel the cold too - I've got a Berghaus Heatcell - it's brilliant!! It's a fleece bodywarmer/gilet with a battery pack & heated pad. Not cheap (£150) but well worth the expense for us cold types. I did post a link to some info on it under a post about what to wear when v cold. & no, I'm not on commission!!!!!

Hopefully her new boots will help - I sympathise as it's really miserable not being able to feel your feet.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I also suffer from cold feet and have tried battery powered insoles. Didn't work for me. I now have "boot gloves" which are neoprene overs for the outside toe of the boot and also put an aluminum foil type wrap inside the boot covering the toes of the liner. works well. Both can be found on internet sites. Good luck.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tirol, I have battery heated insoles now, and am cursing myself for not getting them sooner. HUGE difference and I almost never have to put them on more than No 1 heat. Not only do I get very cold, but as an instructor I don't have the choice to go in and get warm when I want to. They are expensive, but for me they were well worth it. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, ask a thermic dealer if they can get a single battery for you, they always used to be available.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CEM, thanks, yes I will give that a go. And find a better way to secure them, too.
ski holidays
Tirol, Just a thought, and I'm sure heated insoles will help, but what socks does your wife wear? Mrs Axs used to get cold feet from time to time but since she tried a pair of (very thin) Smartwool socks her toes have been toasty Very Happy I think her old socks were too thick which made them too tight in her boots. worth a try (and cheaper than electronics).
snow conditions
pam w, I got a replacement battery pack from Anything Technical Ltd at http://www.skiequipmentuk.com
snow report
colin_g, that's brilliant, thanks. The most recent battery packs are £100 for a pair! Unbelievable.
snow report
pam w, you can get the power packs individually on ebay but they are prohibitively expensive Shocked
snow report
colin_g, thanks so much for that link. Chris at ski equipment found me a second hand set of rechargeables, better than my originals and heaps cheaper. Having sorted my foot warmers I suspect we'll have a warm winter...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy