Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

live from la tania

Poster: A snowHead
first day today, lovely snow everywhere in courchevel, a little sticky later on but very enjoyable. warm and sunny, kids were roasting!

had a guide this afternoon, he can still find lovely fluffy powder, and laid down some nice tracks! had a 30min walk out of a great trip he found so it was down to t shirts, then we only had 30mins to get back, so froze on the lifts but made it home!

clouds around but not sure they will amount to anything, yesterdays snow didn't show up!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ps missions are loving it!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As you're getting the chair up out from La Tania there was a lot of off piste below it. Looked pretty steep i.e. avalancheable. Not sure I'd do it without transceiver + buddies. Presumably you must of seen it ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
yea saw that, completely tracked out, we've skied that area before.

todays report. first(ish) lift up and over to the fourth valley with the guide again.

snow was crustier than expected considering the altitude of over 3000m!!

softened nicely lower down, and we had a great day. guide still able to find some powder around, without too much walking today!

the good news is it was snowing heavily above 2000m as we came home, not snowing lower down, but plenty of clouds lower down the valley so fingers crossed!

the run back to meribel round 4pm was a slushfest but enjoyable despite exhausted legs!!

fingers crossed for some fresh tomorrow, not checked any forecasts!!

regards,

greg
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Glad you're enjoying it, sounds better than my day rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
"As you're getting the chair up out from La Tania there was a lot of off piste below it. Looked pretty steep i.e. avalancheable. Not sure I'd do it without transceiver + buddies. Presumably you must of seen it ?"

Did it last week, brilliant! Steep but with fresh powder had plenty of grip.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
another cracking day! woke to light snow in la tania & 3 degrees wth -8 being reported at the top!

only 2cm of fresh when we got up top, and off piste crusty!

snow got heavier throughout the day, resulting in some fantastic tree skiing in the furthest reaches of 1650.

skies cleared for the final run home, looking likely to be suny tomorrow.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
whoops!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 4-04-07 18:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
whoops!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 4-04-07 18:19; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Three great days in a row sounds good. snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
well at the risk of being boring , another great day.

started off cold and frosty, the car outside was scraping his windscreen for the first time this week.

we shot over to mount vallon, through some rock hard pistes in meribel.

it was busy over there, but had a lovely long off piste run with fresh tracks.

quick blast down the skier cross course and back to 1850 to ski with the kids in glorious spring sunshine.

blue back to la tania still in good nick, a little heavy, but no bare patches.

the girls saw victoria beckham a few days ago so she must have heard how good the snow is!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
another warm & sunny one today, found some lovely untouched spring snow, and also found the speed trap 56kmh from a tiny run up!

also discovered the indians piste which is a must for anyone with kids. wigwams, displays and arrow shooting!!

skied back with my oldest down to la tania, blue run still in good shape.

the snowis typical for april, hard in the mornings, softening nicely and slushy by late afternoon.

hardly any bare patches around and not many closed runs or lifts.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
forgot to mention that we spent some time in the avalanche area. very useful, they have a large number of head sized bags buried in a large area, most about 1m down.

from a control panel you set how many victims you want to look for and a time limit (max 20mins).

you then have to find the victim & deactivate with 3 prods of a probe.

found out my probe wasn't much good, it kept coming apart.

the ones with a screw top that you can tighten once set up appeared better.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski wrote:
another warm & sunny one today, found some lovely untouched spring snow, and also found the speed trap 56kmh from a tiny run up!

also discovered the indians piste which is a must for anyone with kids. wigwams, displays and arrow shooting!!

skied back with my oldest down to la tania, blue run still in good shape.

the snowis typical for april, hard in the mornings, softening nicely and slushy by late afternoon.

hardly any bare patches around and not many closed runs or lifts.

The Indiens piste is wonderful for, for big kids as well Smile
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
right back and got some pics!

Last day was another sunny and very warm day, skied out and about on the Saturday morning, including some fresh spring snow tracks not that far from the piste.

Then blasted back to La Tania down the blue which was still freshly pisted down one side and was great skiing! Quick sarnie and brew, then out with all the kids for the afternoon.

Here's my wife after the first day's guiding, we did a long bowl around 1650 and this is at the end of a frozen lake, just before we had a warm 30 min walk back to the Chapelets lift

This was in the snow of the second day, playing around in the trees and a Hidden Valley we found in the far reaches of 1650

This was after the snowfall in Mont Du Vallon

snow conditions
Grrrr, great pics rolling eyes Shocked snowHead Laughing

Glad you had a good time Very Happy
snow report
kitenski, We made it over to 1650 on the tuesday and the snow was terrific. All the kids had a ball playing on and off Chapelet ( a truly superb and quiet piste)
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
kitenski, We made it over to 1650 on the tuesday and the snow was terrific. All the kids had a ball playing on and off Chapelet ( a truly superb and quiet piste)

1650 is one of the hidden gems in Courchevel, always good snow and no people!! did you take the kids down Indiens?
snow report
Until this year we always stayed in 1650 as a friend has an apartment there - superb skiing. We're considering La Tania for next year - any feedback, kitenski? How long does it normally take to get up to 1850 via the bubble and Loze? When we've been to La Tania we usually head there for lunch and aren't in any hurry there or back so I've never timed it
snow conditions
Quote:

did you take the kids down Indiens?
We didn't as the weather was starting to close in and we were all quite lightly dressed Embarassed
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, indeed - Indiens can get bally chilly in the shade
latest report
eng_ch, it was the large swathes of snow/rain accross to Champagny (i think that made us get a wriggle on. Words cannot expres how much all the kids we went with have improved. Unless Indiens has developed some great jumps I think they would have got bored.

Best piste of the holiday was Jerusalem which gave the impression of being slow due to the soft snow. we all straight lined the last section of the humps...... and all filled our pants when we went sailing, clear air under the skis, over the last much underestimated hump. The far side of the hump was mucher steeper and longer than the front side and.......... well..... what a hoot Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
Indiens as a run ain't up to much, but the fact there are wigwams, bows and arrows, wood fires, etc etc, normally is good for large and small kids Smile

Did you find the speed trap??

eng_ch, I've stayed at La Tania for the past 3 years. I've never timed it either I'm afraid!! I guess it depends how fast you ski! From La Tania, you take the gondola, then either a chair or a drag up, and you can ski down in around 5-10 minutes without stopping I'd say!

The good news is the blue down to 1400m has always been open, even on the last day of the season last year!

cheers,

Greg
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy