Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

touring binding mount point on twin tip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Never had to tackle the "where to mount" question before, so would appreciate any advice! Have twin tip (Icelantic pilgrim 90mm underfoot) and Fritchi Explore bindings. Gonna be using for some decent length tours in whatever conditions thrown at me - icy crud to fluff! Im only a little thing - 53kg, 159cm and skis are 151cm. I wont be doing any/much jibbing (well maybe the odd bit by accident before i fall over). Dunno if they were drilled for park or offpiste, but obviously will avoid drilling too close. There are cryptic markingsof A-1, B-1, C-1 and little way back CC-1, but havent got an answer from Icelantic about their meaning, so dont know the recommended point. Obviously Im not doing the drilling myself but expect the guys at the shop might need some input into position required. Any suggestions????
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have my touring bindings at the standard mount on my twins, Just 'cos they're touring bindings shouldn't make any difference to placement. Unless they're fully symetrical skis?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bitoffluff, PM Kiwi1 about the markings, I think they relate to telemark, alpine & AT positions.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
parlor - cool, i ll do that
clarky999 - good to hear seems to work for you. nope, not fully symmetrical just thought maybe touring position might be further back than park set up.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Park set up would be completely central to the ski. You wouldn;t want that position for anythign other than pure spinning to win in the park.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the cc mark is core centre...a big no no for the pilgrim even if you want to ski park, the skis HATE being centred! moving onto the A/B/C markings, theyre for telemark....you're after the one that says BC, ie boot centre.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
oops, im cross posting, so apoligies if youve seen this post on another thread - thanks for thwe advice on the CC. My pilgrims dont seem to have a BC mark - how do i decide between A or B or C? and should the centre of the boot line up with the relevant marking? cheers
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bitoffluff, did you ever get your pilgrim's set up with Fritchi's? If so what mounting point did you use and how did they ski?

I'm about to put the new Freeride Pro's onto a pair of Icelantic Nomad's and I'm having the same dilemma's about mounting points. Any advice would be welcome.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tinyman, mount your Fritchi's on the BC (Boot Centre) line.

The A-1, B-1 & C-1 marks are pin line mounting points for telemark bindings for skiers of differing weights. The CC mark is the chord centre mark for freestyle/park mounting.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tinyman wrote:
bitoffluff, did you ever get your pilgrim's set up with Fritchi's? If so what mounting point did you use and how did they ski?

I'm about to put the new Freeride Pro's onto a pair of Icelantic Nomad's and I'm having the same dilemma's about mounting points. Any advice would be welcome.

hey tinyman - yep had an awesome winter in Scotland on my Pilgrims mounted at the Boot Centre (The BC mark, or maybe it stands for backcountry). Anyway they ski well there and really like the Pilgrims. Im a bit of a novice on techie stuff, so know nothing of the Nomads, but hope you have as much fun on them as i had in just one year on my Pilgrims Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spyderjon, Thanks for that mate - I was hoping that it would be that simple. I should have known that asking SH's was the best policy snowHead

bitoffluff, That's good to hear - I have great hopes for this winter (my son is going to be based in Courchevel Very Happy ) and I think the Nomad / Fritschi setup is going to be the mutts.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy