Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dover Sailings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just had word that the Dover Harbour Board are trying to close the port again today...they closed it sunday.

Obviously weather conditions are very bad so anyone travelling in the next few days, keep an eye on the weather and phone your operator to check.

Eurotunnel may be affected because they will probably be honouring bookings by a recipricol arrangement
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
causing problems with Operation stack again............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/6211558.stm
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stack is winding down...I was diverted this morning but it only added 5 mins and I saw no backlog or queues of lorries to the port or the tunnel. I would expect it to be over this morning..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JT,
Quote:
Eurotunnel may be affected because they will probably be honouring bookings by a recipricol arrangement

How does this work?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We were booked on a Ferry in March one year and it was so windy the ferry could not get into Calais harbour so we were sent to the tunnel at no extra charge and only had to show our ferry ticket to get on! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
samharris,

Yes, boredsurfin is right, between P&O and Eurotunnel there is an arrangement that they each will take the others load in the event of weather or breakdown etc causing delays. I am not sure if the other operators are party to this, ie Sea France, Norfolkline but I am pretty sure Spedferries aren't. The majority of traffic is shared bewteen the biggest two operators who have around 37-38% of the tourist market each, approx.

And mostly, the wind/weather problem is caused by Calais being so flat and therefore the boats get kicked of the berths by the local harbour board and then have to join a queue to berth in Dover.

Incidently, Eurotunel was quite suseptable a few years ago as the trains could not turn round in the winds at Sangatte because the overhead cables lost connection with the trains.... which the 3rd rail would not have succumbed to. But they have got over that problem now, I believe.

That did make the ferries laugh as they could operate in winds that the train couldn't................
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, JT, thanks, that's useful to know
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very bad weather causing delays again today.....

If some of this stuff we have had for over a week now could make its way to the alpes, you'd certainly get some good dumps...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy