Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Maria Alm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going 2 Maria Alm (austria) at half term 11th feb with two children anyone due there then, Also any tips on the resort
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brenmac, welcome to snowHead
Sorry - can't help with the resort though rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a beautiful little resort linked into Dienten and Muhlbach to give about 150km of skiing, albeit rather tenuously linked in places. It was virtually empty when I went here for a day ast Feb. Maria Alm is supposed to be the livliest of the Hochkonig villages but is also supposed to be great for families and is very quaint and Austrian. There is quite a bit to do off the slopes like sleigh rides and tobogganing. The locals claim that its in a "snow pocket" and gets better snow than other resorts in the area - don't know how true this is but it bodes well!!! The slopes go up to 2000m which is fairly typical of the area - same as Zell and Saalbach give or take a few metres. There are really atmospheric mountain restuurants and its a short transfer from Salzburg, plus you're close enough to the Kaprun glacier if the snows poor. I've had the Hotel Neiderreiter recommended by a local guide.. thinking of staying there myself next season for a few days. There's virtually no Brits and not a huge amount of English spoken... aaah... paradise!!! Enjoy... I know I would
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
brenmac, welcome to snowheads.

I've only been to Maria Alm during the summer and it really is great, very typical Austrian village. Dienten is really great. I'm hoping to get over that way in Feb when im in Bad Gastein - Gastein is in the Ski Amade too so it's the same lift pass.

Kersh
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're off to Maria Alm on 3rd Feb (praying for more snow). We've been twice before and love the place. Gorgeous village, brilliant apres-ski in the Dengl Bar (just down the road from Alpenland Sporthotel where we stay) and really good restaurants. Skiing is good too Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sue S, Any tips on ski school/ski pass bearing in mind we have 4 and 6 year old (we have an apartment in the centre of the town from the 10th
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brenmac,
Quote:

Any tips on ski school/ski pass

Can't help I'm afraid, we don't do ski school and we don't have young children. Have a look at www.hochkoenig.at and it will give you all the details of ski school, lift pass prices and you can look at the interactive panorama to see exactly where the schools are. Enjoy yourselves Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Isn't Maria Alm part of Ski Amade? - if so perhaps you might want to buy the full Amade ski pass enabling you to ski 25 resorts and 860 km of piste.

http://en.skiamade.com/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DB, It is, and you can...Well worth it, even without a car the bus network is good.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone been here lat season. I'm going out last week in March and starting to sweat. Always choose high resorts at this time of year but not my choice this time.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Would usually be okay in late March...but this year has been very weird so far.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Anyone been here lat season. I'm going out last week in March and starting to sweat. Always choose high resorts at this time of year but not my choice this time

If what people are saying and the snow is coming late rather than not coming at all then you may just be ok. Fingers crossed.

I was in Zell last Easter and it was ok... thats about the same height....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Having not skied in Austria for decades (nearly), I'm looking to enjoy the apres-ski as only the Austrians can put on. What is it like in Maria Alm? Particularly interested in finishing skiing and just falling into a bar at the bottome of the lifts (or still on the piste if available). Again anyone know what Maria Alm has to offer, and preferably tried them.
Going in three weeks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy