Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

so i just bought some new equipment, looking for an opinion or 2

Poster: A snowHead
so i just got back from the princeton ski shop wholesale at giants stadium and here are the spoils Razz

skis - atomic metron:10
bindings - atomic neox 4.12
boots - head edge 9.7
poles - axis aluminum poles

so what do you guys think? keep'em or look for something else? it was either this or k2 apache blackhawks, did i make the right decision?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great boots wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
falanx, great skis & bindings wink

All 'keeper's' I would have thought.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for the replys so far, i wouldn't mind if there were more (contrary to the title haha)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
falanx, no problem

fantastic skis and boots, bindings not bad.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
falanx, a most important question: does all the gear colour match?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon wrote:
falanx, a most important question: does all the gear colour match?

i don't know if that's supposed to be a sarcastic question or not but yes everything matches

when i was searching for the boots i couldn't find any boots that had black AND yellow, it was mostly blue or black with red or some other color. i pretty much gave up and went for the dalbello boots that were black and orange but then one of the staff guys found me the head boots (black with yellow in the latches). they were also the most comfortable, needless to say i was really happy haha
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
falanx, sarcastic? No. Tongue in cheek? Most definitely - you should see spyderjon's gear. In terms of colour matching, we're not worthy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
falanx wrote:
.... yes everything matches......

Cool. But black & yellow is so last year wink.

I don't know whether you're new to the Neox bindings but one of their features is the ability to adjust the fore/aft positioning which really affects how the ski feels/performs etc. You'll find the instructions for the Neox bindings are next to useless so I've produced my own written & pictorial version so if you PM me your email address I'll send it to you.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds awful, sorry.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Top skis, don't know enough to comment about the rest Cool
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Aluminium poles??? A bit last century, don't you think? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spyderjon, how do you think my new Dalbello Storm ID's will look with my Metrons and Burnin luvs?
falanx, You should like your skis very much. The M10 is the most underrated ski in the metron line.

Your poles are fine for starters. but you will likely want something lighter after a while.

Nice package overall.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon, you haven't had the pleasure of seeing my full set-up but I do crave those adjustable matching poles for my Sweet Daddies. Could you advise on whether Rupert the Bear trousers will go with the boot/ski combo you've seen so far?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the ice perv wrote:
Aluminium poles??? A bit last century, don't you think? Toofy Grin

i know but i didn't want to spend too much money on poles as they're the least important of all the ski equipment. they're not too heavy anyways. do you have any recommendations on poles?
snow report
Quote:

do you have any recommendations on poles?

Yeah, hold them at the strappy end. Razz

Seriously, don't worry, poles are poles are poles...
latest report
SnowHot wrote:

Nice package overall.

Shocked And you know that, um, how? wink
snow report
Poles make the man.

I just don't undertand all this infatuation with gear/ Puzzled
ski holidays
Flexon Phil wrote:
Poles make the man.

ok you use the rental skis and a $130 pair of poles while i'll use my metrons and rental pair of poles and we'll see who's the bigger man haha
snow report
falanx wrote:
Flexon Phil wrote:
Poles make the man.

ok you use the rental skis and a $130 pair of poles while i'll use my metrons and rental pair of poles and we'll see who's the bigger man haha

Hmmm interesting challange. I have my 130.00 poles...would it be OK of I throw some gear together with what I got laying around the garage? Puzzled
snow conditions
falanx, don't take the bait. Trust me. Twisted Evil

Your gear is fine, as long as those boots aren't too big.
snow conditions
ssh wrote:
falanx, don't take the bait. Trust me. Twisted Evil

Steve, you shush. Skullie . Falanx and I are have a nice friendly chat. Toofy Grin
snow report
Nice friendly chat, eh?

Riiiiight...

latest report
Flexon Phil, ssh, I was wondering, would it be worthwhile for me to demo a metron?

You think they're any good?
snow report
SnowHot wrote:
Flexon Phil, ssh, I was wondering, would it be worthwhile for me to demo a metron?

You think they're any good?

I am partial the 10's that he got, that is a nice ski. I hear the new M11 B5 is nice. I might get on them this year for a run or two.
snow conditions
Flexon Phil, I was thinking the Metron B5, but it may be too much ski for someone my size. What do you think? I hear they're pretty beefy.
ski holidays
SnowHot wrote:
Flexon Phil, I was thinking the Metron B5, but it may be too much ski for someone my size. What do you think? I hear they're pretty beefy.
Rumour has it..go long. From what I hear, the B5 is a good "girls ski" or for a guy trying to compensate for something. But I really am not sure..I am just a hack when it comes to this stuff, I really don't way that much attention. I will ski whatever falls into my hands. I am not too particular.
snow report
You guys are killin' me! Laughing Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Flexon Phil wrote:
falanx wrote:
Flexon Phil wrote:
Poles make the man.

Hmmm interesting challange. I have my 130.00 poles...would it be OK of I throw some gear together with what I got laying around the garage? Puzzled

aren't you the one asking why the infatuation with gear? i think you'd be fine with your rentals as long as you have your $130 poles Razz
ski holidays
falanx, things are not always as they seem...
latest report
ssh wrote:
falanx, things are not always as they seem...

i don't get it
ski holidays
falanx, did you click on the link? If not, never mind... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
ssh wrote:
falanx, did you click on the link? If not, never mind... Twisted Evil

yeah i did click on your link, it had to do with a poll of whether or not someone is going to get 5 pairs of ski, i don't understand what it has to do with my thread
ski holidays
since ssh gave the game away, Philpug := Flexon Phil

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/594/cat/all/ppuser/15/sl/s
snow report
comprex wrote:
Can't let Phil get away with baiting like that. It's too easy. Candy from a baby and all that... Twisted Evil
latest report
comprex wrote:

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/594/cat/all/ppuser/15/sl/s

haha oh i get it now, well if anyone thought that there were hard feelings between flexon and i, you're wrong. i was just joking around with him and i hope he knew that as well

i don't really visit this forum so i wouldn't really know who is who but i definitely know that most people on this forum are more qualified than me when it comes to skiing knowledge

and now that i know flexon is so loaded that he can afford to buy 5 pairs of skis in 1 year, can i buy your metron:11's from you at the end of the ski season since you're just going to buy the most recent skis next season? haha
latest report
Mm'kay. The other two hooks up there don't cast on TGR though.

falanx, a belated welcome to snowHead

For smoother and possibly more directly helpful response posts in the future, it may help to give more details about yourself and your skiing goals.

(Phil & Snowhot have apparently demonstrated that you are male, but beyond that ?)
ski holidays
comprex wrote:
Mm'kay. The other two hooks up there don't cast on TGR though.

falanx, a belated welcome to snowHead

For smoother and possibly more directly helpful response posts in the future, it may help to give more details about yourself and your skiing goals.

(Phil & Snowhot have apparently demonstrated that you are male, but beyond that ?)

well the purpose of this thread was to make sure that i got some good equipment and to see if i should return it and get something else but

as for more info, i live in new jersey and i am an intermediate skier (been skiing for 2 years) who loves to carve, this is my first set of skis and i started doing black diamonds last ski season, i frequent blue mtn in pennsylvania and i can't stand mtn. creek

anymore info you would like to know?

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 8-12-06 1:27; edited 1 time in total
snow report
falanx, BLUE?
OMG, Flexon Phil is gonna have fun with that. Do you wanna ski with Phil at Blue? He's got his own special event coming up some time this season.
snow report
falanx, you have got to ski with Phil at Blue on the special day. See this thread on EpicSki.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy