Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Teneighty foil's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
im thinking about buying the teneighty foil's but i have a few questions. first off should i get the 06 or 07 version? and do they work well as all mountain ski's as opposed to just working well as park ski's and would they work well in powder? and are there better allmountain/park ski's? if anyone has some and could offer any info thatd be greatly appreciated
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
connorj122, Welcome to snowHead!

From what I've read, they're good all round. 06 and 07 version are identical physically with different graphics. For peformance in different areas, hopefully someone who's actually skiied them will be along to comment Smile I'm looking at getting these myself for my offpiste/park ski, fwiw Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
connorj122, They are good skis and work well as all-mountain skis. They have good width, and the wide shovel will work in powder, and are nice and lively when carving etc. I own a pair of 06 foils and would suggest that if you can get an 06 pair cheaper to go for them - the graphics this year are worse and there have been no changes in the skis.

On the negative side, and this depends on how heavy you are and how hard you ski, they are on the softer scale of the spectrum and, even though not exactly noodles, they might not perform very well at high speeds or at hard surfaces, depending on how hard you push them.

HTH
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skibomb, How very honest. I wish Salomon had the guts to put that in their product description!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Would be good if all ski manufacturers did that. Like, 'In an attempt to look ubercool this year, our graphics for this season's skis suck. And you can last year's skis cheaper anyway' snowHead

connorj122, For alternatives, look at allround all-mountain twins look at, for example, K2 Public Enemies and Volkl Karmas - both are stiffer, and especially the Karma will give you good performance on harder surfaces. It really depends on your style of skiing and your weight.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skibomb, I believe this years Foil has part of it's graphic with "5euro" written on it. Irony? Agghhh there is a ladies boot called the 'Irony' the ex-design team are having the last laugh?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I like this year's Foil graphics Sad

Are softer ski's better off piste/in the park or is softness just a failing point? (I'm 6'4 and 17st so a bit concerned by the "if you're big and heavy they're not for you" comment!)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
toiletduckuk, No accounting for taste Very Happy I believe this year's graphics were done by a Dutch artist, and they are certainly less boring or corporate than the usual salomon designs.

Softer skis would be nicer in powder and in the park as well, and I found the Foils to be really nicely lively in softer, pisted terrain. It's just that at high speeds and on hard pack/ice you might find that they chatter.

It is a nice ski, and stiffness is also a personal preference I suppose. But with your stats, I would not go smaller than the 182 cm Foil though...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah, I've been advised that before - thing is, i'm looking for "big kids blades" - is it still easy enough to mess around on 182cm of ski? I imagine them being really heavy and difficult to do little things like spin backwards on the ground to ride switch?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
toiletduckuk, tbh if you like to ski short, I don't see why you wouldn't go for 174s - again a lot of this is also down to personal preference. I like to ski quite short as well, because I come from a skiboard background, and I like fooling around. If you are looking to use them to fool around a lot, or for park skiing, it can be useful to go a size smaller than you would normally go for. It certainly is a fun ski and it all depends on skiing style and the time you spend in park/piste/powder etc - just don't expect stellar performance on fast, hard surfaces, or amazing float in the powder if you go for a short Foil.

All my personal opinion of course...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy