Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

incredible video of sking + parachuting

Poster: A snowHead
ok, i searched the forums to see if this has been posted before, but i couldnt find anything. forgive me if you've seen it before, but it is amazing.

http://youtube.com/v/Ut1kGmOhzWQ

theres me thinking its the height of extreme to go sking with a kite. you have to be insane to do that. im sure of it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
found a high res .mov of it (its 28 meg though so be warned - might take a while to download)

http://www.acro-base.com/fr/imgs/galerie/video/videos/eiger06/eiger06.mov
snow conditions
 brian
brian
dnc, cool.

I've got a dvd at home called "adrenaline hunters", it's a salomon promo thing. Anyway, the last bit features some utter bampots jumping out of a heli a few thousand feet above Mont Blanc wearing "wing suits". They freefall past the admiring punters at the top of the Aiguille du Midi and then fly along a few metres from the ground following the contours of the mountain.

Totally insane Shocked
snow conditions
 brian
brian
This is the guy (above) Verbier ...

http://www.break.com/index/salomon_wingsuit_video.html

The Mont Blanc one is even better ...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yeah ive seen the wing suits, but they kinda missed the point about sliding around on the slippery stuff. this mad guy at least had the decency to wear some planks. id hate to have to be the one to wax them afterwards though.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dnc, This looks from the parachute as though it is ordinary parapente (paragliding), like you can pay and do in Tandem at many resorts. I did it at Tignes. Great fun. Except here they have stayed low rather than taken-off properly. I don't understand if this was by choice - for the excitement / insanity or the mountain was rather flat and they couldn't get much higher.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
that is a very impressive video, but i suspect it is not quite as mad as it looks. as snowball says, it is paragliding a few feet off the ground, and only gives the image of skiing. because of 'ground effect' it is actually easier for a glider to stay about a metre off the ground and one has to actually stall to land as the cushion of air keeps the glider flying. however... you still wouldn't catch me joining them!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dnc wrote:
yeah ive seen the wing suits, but they kinda missed the point about sliding around on the slippery stuff. this mad guy at least had the decency to wear some planks. id hate to have to be the one to wax them afterwards though.

A like minded off-piste lover always says "the skis are there to protect your feet from the rocks"
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As a skydiver, I've got lots of dvds with wing suits and mountainside parachute rides. Try Soul fliers or crossfire.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowball wrote:
dnc, This looks from the parachute as though it is ordinary parapente (paragliding), like you can pay and do in Tandem at many resorts. I did it at Tignes. Great fun. Except here they have stayed low rather than taken-off properly. I don't understand if this was by choice - for the excitement / insanity or the mountain was rather flat and they couldn't get much higher.

It's not an ordinary paraglider, it's about half the size but larger than a power kite. They stay low on purpose, the glider is designed for this, and can reach 100km/h for the fastest wings. It's called speed flying and just puts another slant on the paragliding/skydiving thing by using skis to add an extra element.

Gin make them (not sure about the other paragliders companies, maybe Ozone).

http://www.gingliders.com/products/nano.php

There's another video on there too. Don't just go and try it though, most people doing this are experienced paraglider pilots. If you fancy a go I would recommend some instruction (or take up paragliding for the summer months Smile ).
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
He's an awful skier mind, his technique'sall over the place
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And here's where you can go learn . . . http://www.ecole-speedriding.com/chapitre4_fr.html
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wow, it looks great, but when they fly off the edge of the ridge the descent rate is quite fast...what if you cant find any snow to cushion the landing, there are plenty of rocks that would make a mess of you. Thrilling to watch but I'll leave it for the experts.

Does your skiing insurance cover you for this....LOL Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Karlos wrote:

Does your skiing insurance cover you for this....LOL Very Happy

I am certain an insurance company would make sure that being 2 feet off the ground was considered 'off-piste' (Mr. Green ) and therefore not covered by yer standard TO insurance. snowHead
ski holidays
They've got to be flipping careful that they don't come down where there's no snow!
snow report
Masque, Val Frejus is in the same ski area as Val Cenis (there are 8 resorts close enough to ski in the area). Our guide Zeb and wife Claire (who was twice parapente world champion) have their home (with parapente school -and guiding and climbing) in a village between the two. http://www.antipodeszeb.com/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JimW wrote:

I am certain an insurance company would make sure that being 2 feet off the ground was considered 'off-piste' (Mr. Green ) and therefore not covered by yer standard TO insurance. snowHead

very true snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter Ross wrote:
JimW wrote:

very true snowHead snowHead

But then if you are 2 feet off the ground you're not going to hit anything either. It's when you hit the ground that things hurt.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy