Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help - accomodation problems Saalbach-Hinterglemm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
6 of us are having a real problem getting an apartment or rooms for the dates 16-23 Jan. I was wondering if this is because the hotels prefer Saturday to Saturday bookings (we arrive on a Tuesday). Or could it be down to the RAF ski championships being on at the same time?? Is this a big event???

Anyone care to offer advice please, especially if you have been there in a large group and can offer some advice on alternative places to stay close to these resorts.

I feel like I've emailed practically all the hotels/guest houses/BnB's at this stage!! Still no luck.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
not sure I can offer much advice, the RAF certainly have a presence there ( particularly in some of the bars at night !) but I can't imagine their numbers make a big dent in the amount of accomodation available. I presume you've been in contact with the tourist bureau there directly - I've always found them v.helpful. Likewise that you've been using their very comprehensive accomodation brochure for your e-mailings.I Have noticed before that not all the accomodation has e-mail adresses, so you could try phoning those that haven't. As a last resort you could try Leogang, much smaller & quieter but linked in to the other two.

good luck
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
micksta, most of Austria tends to be Sat-Sat in my experience, the likelihood of finding something will be a smaller hotel a bit out of the centre.

Have you tried going thru the tourist board?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
micksta, I did Mon->Mon for 22 people in Saalbach over 4 hotesl two years ago over the same weeks whilst the RAF was there. From my experience, your only hope is to mail lots of hotels (the main website is the best source). Note that now's not the best time to book. It's early peak season you're looking for, and the hotel owners will be hoping they can fill up on Sat->Sat bookings. My experience is that if you're brave and wait till mid-Dec or even early Jan, the hotel owners with free rooms will become a lot more receptive. If you email now, they'll just send you back a quote for the nearest Sat->Sat, or ignore you. Expect to mail 10 places for every one that will offer you mid-week accommodation. However, i suspect it will be possible. P.M. me if you want specific names of hotels to try. (p.s. will be there this year 14th to 21st with 8 people Sun->Sun for proof that it can be done on days other than Sat)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That sounds promising. I remember last year we didn't manage to get accomodation in Ischgl (Wed - Sun) until about a week or two before. I was kinda hoping to avoid leaving it that late this year. What sort of numbers compete in the RAF championships?? Does it have any effect on the slopes/lifts etc????
Also, someone else posted on here that the restaurants in Saalbach aren't great and it's a better option to get half board - would you agree with this?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
micksta, email the tourist office. They were very helpful when I stayed there.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
micksta, you can eat in most of the hotel restaurants if you are not a guest. The restaurant at the Bauer hotel is good. I would say though that the emphasis is on half board accommodation.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy