Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Austrian resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,
flying to Salzburg in two weeks ( 14th dec for 4 nights, but still haven't decided which resort.

We would have liked Saalbach, due to there being quite a lot of accomodation, but there's no snow at the moment.

What other resorts could we consider with cheap accomodation ( 2 students on a budget! ) and good snow

many thanks
Luke
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At that time you could leave it until the last minute and hopefully by then we'll have some snow!! Or look at a resort with a glacier, Kaprun?? Dachstein West region?

Deb
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's a good idea, but just thinking about getting accomodation and transfers ( booked flights already )

thanks
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lucasharrison,
I might be wrong but you are unlikely to save money by booking accommodation or transfers in advance. If it doesnt snow between now and then you will have to go to a glacier however if it snows and the weather is cold and windy you will be better off skiing at tree level. If it was me I'd still wait and see.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
it's the availability that concerns me more, it's my first proper skiing trip so would like to have something booked before going
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lucasharrison, I honestly cannot conceive of any resort being booked out at htis time it really is low season.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would have to concur with the others, it would be best to leave it a bit. If you really must book now, then you'd have to look at something that is open now. The nearest resorts to Salzburg that are open are probably Kaprun and Obertauern, both are less than 1.5 hours drive.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lucasharrison,

You aren't going to have any problem with availability - it's normally quiet at that time of year and the current weather conditions aren't inviting to the largest weekend business segment (Geramans). Leave it till the last minute, it's not unusual for Austrians to just turn up in a village and look for a place to stay at that time of year.

If it snows a lot Saalbach or Obertauern. Kaprun (Kitzsteinhorn Glacier) is a good fall back if winter hasn't started by then.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy