Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I can't find Spyder gear anywhere!

Poster: A snowHead
I'm trying to find a Spyder stockist (I live in Manchester) but can't find one anywhere. I've been to Snow and Rock but they have a very limited range. I don't want to buy online as I would like to try the stuff on first.

Does anyone know of a shop with a decent range?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jack Hallam, I see you said you don't want to buy online.

I was going to suggest NOT looking on Ebay, as most of the Spyder gear on there are snides
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Charlatanefc wrote:
Jack Hallam, I see you said you don't want to buy online.

I was going to suggest NOT looking on Ebay, as most of the Spyder gear on there are snides

I've just looked on there and the jackets I've seen in Snow and Rock today at £550 are £110!!!.

This can't be right, so Id rather buy from a shop and get an genuine one.

The wife came with me as well and I bought her birthday and christmas presents........ Spyder jacket and pants so now I'm really fed up!

There must be a decent store somewhere.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jack Hallam, You will probably struggle to find much in the 'north', S+R Sheffield tend to stock more Spyder than Manchester.Big Bear are the UK distributer, so they may be able to help.

Otherwise there are a couple of retailers across the pond who will ship to the Uk.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jack Hallam, These guys used to stock some Spyder gear: http://www.filarinskis.co.uk

Unfortunately the dickhead buyers at S&R and Two Seasons only seem to buy the mega bucks/heavy Vail & Aspen 'instructor' jackets instead of the performance ranges. I bought a Venom XLT Big Mountain hardshell in the end of season sale in C1650 for £180 & it's still superb after ten weeks use.

Good reason to book a holiday in the US were your £'s will go a long long way at the moment.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon, with a name like spyderjon, one would think you had connections.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SnowHot, it seemed like a good way to bum a free jacket wink.

On other forums I'm Rolexjon & Ferrarijon & still no freebies rolling eyes

BTW, how far are you from your nearest Spyder dealer?

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 12-11-06 20:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, I was hoping that snowhot would get me more snow too! snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Filarinski do have some Spyder gear, I was in there yesterday. But it's a very long way from Alderly Edge!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon, are all these pseudonyms wishful thinking, or do you knock off banks, when you ain't filing the sidewalls of skis? Wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jack Hallam, Have you tried S+R on the Wirral. You'll find them in Bebington(?) on the A41 just opposite Carlett Park. Failing that go to Cheshire Oaks (J10, M53) there's lots of gear just as good as Spyder (IMV).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alderly edge - has bad flashbacks to a crap company i worekd for! SX3 lol long may they suffer lol

Spyder in North, how far north? Neil @ Freeze Scotland can get em for you - he's good!

A
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What a pain in the 4rse this is turning out to be! Found the jacket I like "Spyder Apogee".

Only problem is I can't find a shop anywhere here that stocks it.

Do I have to go to North America to buy this stuff?

You'd have thought somebody here would stock a decent range. I'm actually getting annoyed about this now.

Obviously there's a gap in the market if someone would just stock the stuff.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jack Hallam wrote:
........Obviously there's a gap in the market if someone would just stock the stuff.......

Now there's a thought. What size are you?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jack Hallam, I've just remember that I bought some Spyder gear (gloves & a hat) from a US dealer at a very good price but I can't seem to find his contact details. I did however PM the contact details a while ago to mike.healy so if you PM Mike he'll hopefully still have it.
latest report
spyderjon wrote:
Jack Hallam wrote:
........Obviously there's a gap in the market if someone would just stock the stuff.......

Now there's a thought. What size are you?

44" Chest
snow report
Well if I wasn't wound up before I am now!

Went on Spyders web-site which referred me to this lot. You can read their response below. Names deleted to protect the arrogant.

Nevermind that they haven't got the jackets, they couldn't even be 4rsed to suggest an alternative or answer my question regarding nearby stores.

Surely a licence to import is a licence to print money for these companies and certainly a contract they shouold try and keep.

I'm going to send the unedited version to Spyder in America to show them what a cr4p job this distributor is doing for them. You would think they would take more care, even if it is replying to one individual!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 14 November 2006 09:45
To: Spyder
Subject: Spyder Stockists

Good morning

Spyder have told me to contact yourselves regarding my nearest stockist.

I live in Manchester. I’ve tried Snow and Rock but they have a very limited range.

Is there anywhere else within say 50 miles.

Ideally I’d like the Andermatt or Apogee Jacket.

Thankyou

Jack

No one in the UK bought the Apogee and Snow and Rock were the only people that bought the Andermatt

Kind Regards,

Big Bear Sports
ski holidays
Well Jack he did answer your questions, he tells you the Apogee is not in any shops in the UK, and the only shop in the UK that stocks the Andermatt is S&R.

I'm not sure what else your expecting from him? I guess Spyder clothing doesn't sell well in the UK.

regards,

Greg
snow conditions
Quote:

I'm not sure what else your expecting from him?

Well a bit of customer service would have been a nice start.

Jack Hallam, Look at a different manufacturer.
latest report
Jack Hallam, Similar response to what I got a few years ago, regarding a query with a jacket. Try Reliable Racing in the States, they have always been quick to respond with queries.
snow report
kitenski wrote:
Well Jack he did answer your questions, he tells you the Apogee is not in any shops in the UK, and the only shop in the UK that stocks the Andermatt is S&R.

I'm not sure what else your expecting from him? I guess Spyder clothing doesn't sell well in the UK.

regards,

Greg

I expect an answer. Seeing as Spyder say on their own website "Contact this distributor for you nearest stores"!

I've always had Spyder gear but this is relly putting me off and if it's happened to me and obviouysly srobbo then it must be happening to a lot of others, which is not good for any company trying to compete with others.
ski holidays
Jack Hallam - Sierra Trading Post is always worth a look.
snow report
sorry, I need a devils advocate smiley Wink , but he did answer, and that answer was that there are no nearest stores, as nobody in the UK stocks it & only S&R stocks the Andermatt!!!
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
sorry, I need a devils advocate smiley Wink , but he did answer, and that answer was that there are no nearest stores, as nobody in the UK stocks it & only S&R stocks the Andermatt!!!

Well that's balls! As I've just found a place in LEEDS that stocks them. Last time I looked that was within 50 miles of where I live. Usaeless b*st*rds!
ski holidays
Hmm, wot's the place in Leeds, I can check what they have if they are anywhere near me???
ski holidays
Jack Hallam, .......teach them a lesson and don't buy any..... Toofy Grin

I sympathise with you though on the levels of service. It's infuriating when you are trying to source a fairly high-end product. I have had a similar experience with Hestra Gloves. Tried to source a specific glove for nearly 8 months - worldwide. Blew them out in the end and went for another manufacturer in US.
latest report
Jack Hallam wrote:
Well that's balls! As I've just found a place in LEEDS that stocks them. Last time I looked that was within 50 miles of where I live. Usaeless b*st*rds!

If that shop didn't get them via Big Bear I'd guess they're either a grey import or fake?
ski holidays
Has anyone bought from sierra trading post and if so what are the import duties if any??thanks
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Welcome to snowHeads blas.

I buy from Sierra Trading Post 3-4 times a year.

As with any US import you'll pay VAT/duty (at 17.5% ish) on the total cost INCLUDING shipping - and you'll also pay a carrier dependant fee for them collecting the VAT of between £6 and £15 - which depends on the carrier. Unfortunately, you seldom get a choice of carrier - but US post is the cheapest if that's an option.

If the item you purchase is under £50 (I think) then you don't pay VAT

Sometimes, and only sometimes, I get away without paying the VAT - but never count on it when choosing whether to purchase.
latest report
Jack Hallam, another good US internet option, if you run out of luck with UK stores, is Backcountry.com they seem to stock a pretty huge range.
snow report
I would recomend backcountry.com from the states, i brought the spyder venom jacket approx $600, it was on sale approx $300.

brought it about 3 months ago, worked out approx 240 GBP all in including import tax and custom charges and shipping by ups. It came within 4 days.

There customer service was brilliant.

They also sell the apogee jacket.

Another good U.S online retailer is www.geardirect.com they have loads of spyder of gear, good prices as well.

Good Luck!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy