Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another Great Plan Hits the Buffers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Back in September (here) I posted about training out to the alps in February to add 2 days of skiing onto a MarK Warner holiday.
The snag then was no one would take me in.
It was not my unruly heavy-metal kids or BernardC having spread heinous rumours all round the alps that was to blame, but just that no sensible hotel was going to ruin a possible week's takings by accepting a one night booking in peak season.
Thank you all for your many suggestions, but really no one near a skiing area will take a single Saturday night booking in February.
I was saved by the wonderful Saint Bernard who offered me his kennel for the night.
Happy days. Until today.
Snag number 2. All the cheap train fares have gone in the night.
Today was the first day I could book the rail tickets.
Rail Europe has a facility of emailing a reminder. I picked it up this morning at 0745. But the cheapest Eurostar left was £88.50 one way. And there seemed to be no night trains available at all.
(I checked with Rail Europe by phone: the night trains don't go on sale until next Friday, the 24th).

So, I've learnt an important message:
If you want to go by train in peak time, stay up and book your tickets at 1 second after midnight.
If you wait until morning all the cheap seats will have gone.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jonpim, ............Remember what's happening on FRIDAY 24th .... Very Happy

.......any bookings should be done PRE-event - otherwise you might end up on the Orient Express, or the Mexico City underground...... Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy