Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Day trip?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

A few years back (2000) Airtours did a day trip to Chamonix. It was a bloody long day but also a real laugh.

The trip include flight, transfer and our passes were ready on the bus. Just left a short trip to the ski shop and off we went.

Does anyone know of any operator offering anything similer?

Pete
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did a DIY jobby last year and it was a tiring but worthwhile event. I wrote it up on this thread if you are interested...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11904

Go for it. Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It can be done and I would suggest the following works.

Easyjet 06:30am out of Luton to Geneva - try not to take hold luggage (easier said than done at the moment!) - hire a car for the day (in advance) - jump in and drive to either Morzine, Morillon, Samoens, Chamonix (all these within 1 hour 15 mins - plus many others). Personally I am biased to samoen because of our apartment there - but lift queues are non existent most of the time - therefore maximising time on the snow whilst moving!

You will be in any of the above by 11:30 local time (don't forget we've had to add an hour). Hire skis - be on lift by 12:00 - ski for 4-5 hours, skis back, beer/apres fro a couple of hours. Drive back to Geneva in time for the 10:25pm flight back, arrive back in blighty about 11:00pm local time. Try to get home without falling asleep at the wheel.

Bobs your dads brother.

snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My mum came out to visit my in La Plagne for the day last year- Did a eurostar cheapie offer thing- £99 return from Waterloo to Aime, ( i picked her up but there are buses) we skied all day and then she got the 10pm train home!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The killer is the hour advance in time. Maybe the most efficient would be to hire a car. Let the driver go without hold luggage so he/she can go and get the car while the others collect ski bags. To get a full day of skiing by flying you would have to fly out the night before, stay in a budget motel, get up early and drive to the resort. If you get there when the lifts open, you will avoid the traffic, have the best parking spot, no queues for tickets. Ski for an hour on the empty pistes, then stop for breakfast as soon as the crowds start to turn up. If you arrive at day trip resorts between 9 and 10 at a weekend there can be serious traffic and parking problems around here.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for that, advice is heeded...

How is the drive? I used to work in Lausanne and the driving was poor compared to the trains!

Is it a fairly easy drive to any of the resorts you mention? I am considering an overnight in Geneva on a late flight out the night before to make the most of the day...

Pete
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Drive to all above that I mentioned is easy - bit busier on weekends at the tolls - but weekdays is a doddle!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stevo_the_saddler wrote:
Drive to all above that I mentioned is easy - bit busier on weekends at the tolls - but weekdays is a doddle!

Thanks, I will get out the maps!

Pete
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rintsp, From Geneva 'its dead easy. Follow signs for France, Mt blanc tunnel etc. Motorway all the way. J18 for Samoens/Morzine/Morillon - stay on for Chamonix for a few junctions. Cannot miss them. Samoen & Morillon are 20 mins off the motorway, and are singposted - as is Morzine.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Eurostar are offering an overnight trip down to somewhere or the other (BStM?), a day sur les slopes and an overnight trip back. Sounds ghastly.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy