Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

James Bond

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know if there is any skiing in the new film ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
no skiing or you dont know!? rolling eyes Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
i.e. No I don't know.

Having said that, skiing scenes in Bond flicks have been amazing. Particulalrly like the one when Roger Moore (I think) grabs some debris from an explosion and snowboards most proficiently. What fild was that?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peter Leuzzi wrote:
i.e. No I don't know.

Having said that, skiing scenes in Bond flicks have been amazing. Particulalrly like the one when Roger Moore (I think) grabs some debris from an explosion and snowboards most proficiently. What fild was that?

View to a Kill - doubled by Tom Sims (of the eponymous snowbaord brand)

Best stunt had to be the ski base jump on Baffin Island by Rick Sylvester (was in S Times today)

Best performance by an Alpine Village - Lauterbrunnen/Murren/Piz Gloria in OHMSS obviously
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob,
Quote:

Best stunt had to be the ski base jump on Baffin Island by Rick Sylvester

I agree but it was two stunt men... John Eaves skied up to the point where Sylvester took over to jump. Eaves was also the guy who skiied down the bob run (was that Spy Who Loved Me?) but even more impressive was the camera work of Willy Bogner following him. Shame the outfits were so naff.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller, the bob run was in OHMSS (the run was specially built in Murren for the film). The base jump was TSWLM.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yan Andre in the recent films. Golden Eye?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wear The Fox Hat
I think that the bob run scene that Bode Swiller was referring to is the one in For Your Eyes Only and filmed in Cortina
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
How does a new James Bond expect to be taken seriously without a ski scene?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
martski, there are several of the Bonds that do not have ski scenes - starting with Dr No. I think that skiing has been in about half of them so far.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A bit off topic but Jaws and Oddjob lookalikes have just walked past my desk - big promotional thing at work today with a competition to win tickets to the premier.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sherlock Chalets wrote:
A bit off topic but Jaws and Oddjob

Not very off topic.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wear The Fox Hat,
yes but they suffered for that glaring omission
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
On topic, Both myself and the Large-one have joined the secret service, the disclosure of any futher information may result in a swift KARATE chop and subsequently death.
ski holidays
the cable car scene with jaws was the best one
snow report
My claim to fame... remember the ski scene in World is not Enough? Pierce Brosnan and Sophie Marceau? The girl who was Sophies double and did all the skiing - Candice Gilg ex world freestyle champion (french) is a friend of mine and we skied together last season and hopefully this one. She is awesome on skis, truly awesome. A great person too.
latest report
Mouth, is that Candice with the ski shop?
snow report
Mouth, you sure that wasn't a certain Francine Morellion?
snow conditions
boredsurfin, yes the very one

Bode Swiller, maybe I am not that god with my bond girls so could be. I tend to get the men correct though! Toofy Grin

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 13-11-06 19:05; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Bode Swiller, No it was Sophie Marceau I have checked
snow report
Ok skiing in the World is Not Enough, but Bond let himself down again in the ski wear department by wearing an all in one - Daniel Craig better not make this mistake if he ever gets on skis!!
ski holidays
Pity there are no skiing scenes, as there are certainly some lovely mountains in Montenegro, although the ski resorts are small and not well known to the major tour operators. The main resort is Dumitor.

There was a discussion here some time back here
snow report
Mouth, No, what I'm saying is that Francine Morellion (World Exreme Champ '98 from Verbier) did the stunts for Sophie M. I'm sure of it. Maybe she had two stunt women...
ski holidays
Mouth, Well this guy seems to think you are correct:

http://www.patrickthorne.com/

Good ol' Google! Very Happy
snow report
AxsMan, http://www.ianfleming.org/007news/articles/chamonixreport.shtml and this article seems to suggest otherwise snowHead . On the official film credits though they are both listed so happy bto report that we're ALL right, again.
snow report
A happy ending for all (unlike that Blofeld chap). Shocked Very Happy
snow report
SO.......Anyone know if there is any skiing in the new film ? Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[quote="fatbob"]
Peter Leuzzi wrote:

Best performance by an Alpine Village - Lauterbrunnen/Murren/Piz Gloria in OHMSS obviously

Watching that movie is incredibly cool if you know Lauterbrunnen/Murren and the Piz Gloria...

Wish I could go from Lauterbrunnen to sking above the treeline as swift as Bond Wink

Even a helicopter won;t do it for me Wink
snow report
What's the one with the airfield bit at the beginning where he blows it all up and steals the plane or missile back or whatever (With Geoffrey Palmer as the general) and wasn't that Courchevel 1850 altiport ? - or am I wrong ?
ski holidays
Well my parents were in Wengen when OHMSS was being filmed, the producers asked for as many people as possible who had fur coats to go down to Lauterbrunnen for the night scenes. Nope they're not seen in the film.

A friend of my shared a flat with the girl who actually did some of the fencing stunts in the last bond (some sort of international champion I think)
ski holidays
Jerry, The one with Geoffrey Pamer was Tomorrow Never Dies and by the looks of things I would agree that it is Courchevel 1850. But I could be wrong!!!
snow conditions
Frosty wrote:
SO.......Anyone know if there is any skiing in the new film ? Very Happy

Well is there......??????
ski holidays
boredsurfin, I am planning on seeing it this weekend so if you could all wait til then............. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Water Skiing.
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
boredsurfin, Water Skiing.

Thats Global warming for you Sad Laughing
snow report
Seem to recall that in one of the Bond films where there was a skiing sequence in the opening shots, The guy doing the stunts was a freestyle skier Mike Nemesvary who later broke his back in a trampoline accident
snow conditions
Jerry wrote:
(With Geoffrey Palmer as the general)

Not wishing to be anal, but he was an Admiral, not a General - huge difference. rolling eyes (You have to remember that my anal mood is probably down to the fact that it was probably because of Bond - a Commander in the RN - that I decided to join).
ski holidays
Not sure about the skiing but I did an Aston Martin performance driving course at Millbrook last week where they filmed some of the car stunts. Saw a couple of foot deep holes in the tarmac that the guys from Aston told me were caused when they flipped the new DBS for one of the early scenes in the film. Perhaps he forgot to take his ski rack off?
snow report
In a brief discussion on the radio yesterday, listeners were asked for a plot for a James Bond film. Among the usual silly plotlines, someone suggested:

Set it in the Alps with Diana Rigg as the bond girl; call it OHMSS and NEVER make another Bond film. Puzzled Shocked
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy