Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finland Lapland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Had any one been skiing in Finland Lapland during Christmas ?
Any information will do as i am planing in going with Family for Christmas holidays.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cold, dark but not miserable
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have to admit I haven´t been there precisely at Christmas, only January to May, but plenty of friends have been at the end of the year. The sun doesn´t show during Christmas time, but once you get used to it it can be magical and soothing, and the snow lights everything up. Pistes are very well lit so you don´t have to ski in darkness! Not every piste is lit though so not every piste will be open, I would presume, even if there´s plenty of snow. Someone correct me if I´m wrong.
It can get super cold that time of year, but in my experience January-February are usually colder and December can be ok. But if it´s cold and windy, then it´s really, really cold. I mean really. If you think you´ve packed your warmest stuff, then double that. Don´t think anything´s too warm or too much. Toe warmers are a must and something to cover your face. And the warmest mittens you can find.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi @Meaner or anyone else, is it possible or desirable to book skiing in Finland independently? I'm struggling to get a feel for booking for next season.

Thanks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@sabreboy, I always do things DIY. Don't see the need now for a holiday operation with tinternet. Should be no problem to book flights, car/transfer, and accommodation in Finland yourself. I'm sure if you call or email the resort they will be super helpful.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You mean not to use a travel agent but to book your flights, hotels etc by yourself? Since I live in Finland, if I fly instead of taking the train I always just book a flight from Helsinki to Kittila, if I´m going to Levi or Yllas, or Ivalo, if I´m going to Saariselka. Or Kuusamo if going to Ruka but that´s technically not Lapland. Arranging everything else (transfers, lodging) is easy through the ski centers´net pages, and all the net pages should also be in English. I´m sure you can also arrange all sorts of activities (dog sledding etc) through your hotel. Travelling in Finland is not always cheap though, so I don´t know if a travel agent could get a better package deal on everything you need?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks both, yes I normally book DIY to France/Italy/Austria, but have never tried Finland, yet. Flights look simple enough, there seem to be plenty hotels and self-catering apartments to consider.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy