Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets hotels- Please Help!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am off to les gets for the season next month, but i've been having some trouble finding accomodation for my family to visit me! I am surprised how little there seems to be on the internet. I would greatly appreciate if anyone has some recommendations for hotels that may have escaped the internet, or can be booked independently by myself on behalf of my family when I get there.

Also, how difficult is it to sort out transfers from the airport?

Thank you very much!

Ben
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try www.powdercab.com for transfers, he is based in Morzine. I think he is the cheapest legal one and was very reliable last year
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skiben, Welcome to snowHead if you haven't been already! Try Hotel Chinfrey (they don't have email I'm afraid, but do speak some English). They are a family-run hotel in a good position in Les Gets, and can usually help Ph: 04.50.79.71.30 . If no luck, we have s/c accommodation in Les Gets; PM me if you need details
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skiben, pm Fat Russ on Natives - he seems to be Les Gets expert, has plenty of contact in resort.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skiben - you must be getting excited!

Transfers are a doddle. One's I've used and others have recommended are:

Ski Transfers - www.skitransfers.com
Ski Lifts - www.ski-lifts.com
Alp-line - www.Alp-line.com
Morzine Lets - www.morzinelets.com

Your problem with hotels next month is that it's still technically out of season and a lot of hotels will still be doing maintenance. Try phoning:

www.skiblueridge.co.uk (a chalet)
www.leboomerang.com (who have two hotels)

The owners of both are very helpful and know Les Gets really well - so if they can't help then they'll be able to point you at someone who can.

oopalley - are you based in Morzine during the season?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Ben,
Welcome to the Les Gets Family.
I wouldn’t worry too much about finding accommodation for your folks; there are a number of hotels out here. Most are shut at the moment but as long as the folks are not coming out in half term and French holiday time then you will have no probs.
As for the transfers, sort them out in resort to, always the odd season worker looking for the extra euro or two.
If you have any probs, pop into Bar Bush and one of us will give you a few pointers, always a pleasure to help.
If you have anymore questions then I am mainly on Natives. I can here the snowheads spitting in my eye he he.

Have a good season and see you out there.

Russ
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

If you have anymore questions then I am mainly on Natives. I can here the snowheads spitting in my eye he he.

I dont think so.....As you mature you'll find yourself posting less on Natives and more on here, just like the Natives moderator wink Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin wrote:
Quote:

I dont think so.....As you mature you'll find yourself posting less on Natives and more on here, just like the Natives moderator wink Laughing

Bored.
Yes i did see the post on Natives to Bogg art.
I haven't matured yet and i'm 43, but i can see what you mean, more civilised posts. But if people want help with how many pairs of moon boots to take to resort, then i feel compelled to help, or is that ridicule.
Like the moderator, please, he has reached the hights of site admin.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks russ and everyone for responses.. we're thinking about a hotel Labrador with ski independence. Good? what about l'ours blanc, christiania, marmotte etc?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Labrador i don't know much about but it looks fine, as are the Marmotte and the Christiana. l'ours blanc, is a two star and simple but seems to offer value for money.
When are they coming out? You may be able to get a deal from a catered chalet company.
Who you working for?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hotel Mont Cherry is a good bet, good location and nice rooms, Le boomarang is OK but try and stay in the main hotel not Le boomarang 2
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hey Ben,

Most hotels in les gets are pretty close to the slopes so no worries there. Transfers - sometimes the bigger companies can be a bit pricey for just a few people coming up, A lot called alp liason (one man band) run out of les gets and seem on for transfers of just a couple, that type of number. 0631 33 09 91 / 0731 677 433, the fella is called callum, we've dealt with him a bit, he's been spot on when I've talked to him.

I'm heading out to les gets this winter, 2nd season there now mate so maybe see you in the bars. If you've any questions just drop me a shout.

Phil.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I sthere likely to be snow, lifts running and hotels open from 14 to 17 December in Les gets? I was thinking of coming for a few days and interested in lessons for three days (Fri, Sat and Sunday) for a near beginner and an intermediate. Seem to be quiye a few English/Irish guys there (Fat Russ, Callum etc). What do you think Les gets experts?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skiben wrote:
Hi,

I am off to les gets for the season next month, but i've been having some trouble finding accomodation for my family.

It's Accommodation.

I will not stop Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
aidancostello - Les Gets, Morzine and Avoriaz officially open on Saturday 16th - so 14th is a couple of days early. So if you can, you'd be better off doing 15th-17th or 18th.

The question is, of course, how much snow there'll be.

Although Les Gets is only at 1100m, it has a good record of getting the slopes open. It often opens for the locals' skiing before Avoriaz, which is at 1800m. We skied at earlier than the 16th for both of the last two winters. The warm weather at the moment is a concern, but the planned opening is nearly a week later than last year - last year the planned opening was 10th December and this year it's 16th December.

If there's snow then it's a superb time to go as the slopes are largely empty.

You'll have to go for private lessons as the local ski schools only run group lessons starting on Sundays or Mondays. I'll PM you details of a good instructor.

Michael B wrote:
It's Accommodation.

Michael B, if you're going to be a pedant then "It's accommodation". But there again, this isn't a grammar, spelling and punctuntuation forum.
ski holidays
PhillipStanton,
Quote:

Michael B, if you're going to be a pedant then "It's accommodation". But there again, this isn't a grammar, spelling and punctuntuation forum.

Just as well wink
latest report
Anniepen - if you mean the "But" - it was deliberate. NehNeh
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy