Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Birthday Prezzie: Part One!

Poster: A snowHead
After an expedition to Snow and Rock in Portsmouth today, I have returned with my first pair of ski boots! Hire boots no more! Cool

Arrived at about 11:45am, and was immediately met by Mark, who spent just under two hours with us, patiently trying boot after boot after boot! Thin feet with high instep, has led to the purchase of Salomon Ellipse 9.0 with footbeds. They are like slippers Very Happy , well, they feel like it at the moment – I’ll let you know!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So when are you off to try them?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Searching for something for the 3rd / 4th April - hopefully Soldeu snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michelle, I don't know Soldeu. The Good Skiing & Snowboarding Guide says: "Soldeu, with its linked ski areas of El Tarter and Canillo, provides the best combination of skiing, accommodation, architecture, scenery and ambience of any resort in Andorra" Sounds lovely, and I understand Andorra has had excellent snow this year. Best of luck on finding a trip for your boots.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, Jonpim! Mr B & I were there in January, stayed at the Euro Ski, and thoroughly enjoyed the slopes - definatley the best we've been to for our ability (oh such great travellers, this was our third ski trip Smile ) - fairly frightened atm of trying anywhere else Confused !!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Michelle, don't worry, there are lots of other places you will enyoy. I know how you feel. I learnt in Obergurgl and went back the next 4 years, frightened of trying anywhere else. Then friends dragged us to Cervinia... There are other places! Haven't looked back since.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm sure that we'll feel the same - eventually!
Now it's just the worry that there'll be snow - and a good enough deal!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Michelle wrote:
Thin feet with high instep, has led to the purchase of Salomon Ellipse 9.0 with footbeds. They are like slippers Very Happy

Interesting... I have wide feet with high insteps, but also found Salomon Ellipse 9 totally comfortable. Their first outing was in Lake Louise back in January - I skied on them for 13 days in a row and they remained a perfect fit for the entire fortnight snowHead

Best of luck with them - I don't think you'll be disappointed.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for that, moosepig, I'll let you know after next week!!! snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Overall they were okay - but I did have really bad pain in the soles of my feet 50% of the time. It was suggested that is was bacause I was tense rolling eyes me? Very Happy
I could also feel my footbeds Sad , it was as if they were set slightly too far back into the boots - that the arch was beginning under the heel.

Anybody any thoughts?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Michelle, seems your early April trip turned into a mid March one.
Sorry to hear your new boots were not slipper-like-and-comfy. No insights I'm afraid, I don't think a "really bad pain in the soles of my feet" was due to tension. Don't S&N give a comfort garantee? Go back and get them to sort it out.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Michelle, Mrs H had excrutiating pain in the soles of her feet which were fixed with a pair of thermally moulded insoles - cost about £50 in Saas Fee but I think they're cheaper over here, or anywhere other than Switzerland!

I got some thermally moulded insoles for myself but they didn't make that much difference to me (boots fairly comfy anyway).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Michelle, If your footbeds felt like they weren't in the right place probably your feet weren't in your boots properly! Before you buckle up make sure you tap the heel sharply onto the floor to make sure your foot is right at the back of the boot.....if this doesn't help go straight back to S&R!

Also, are you wearing technical ski socks or tubes - proper socks are expensive but well worth the money as they can make all the difference comfort wise!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonpim's got it. Snow+Rock guarantee your comfort, so politely ask them to sort it out for you. If you find the Portsmouth shop can't solve the problem, they may have a really experienced boot fitter in another branch who knows what to do.

If problems persist you could write to Dion Taylor, S+R's equipment director, who should be able to tell you who their top boot-fitting expert is.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jonpim, a price was seen on the web that was too good to miss! But more of that on another thread later!
Ian Hopkinson, are 'thermally moulded insoles' footbeds? If so, I already have them Sad
homphomp, did that - didn't seem to make any difference. As soon as I stood up I could feel the heel. As far as socks are concerned the tubes have been relegated to the bin. The thin technical stuff if what I'm wearing. Fancy a trip to S&R???? snowHead snowHead
snow report
David Goldsmith, will do, thanks Smile I'll go back and see Mark in P/mouth first - he was very good when he sold me the boots. But you do realise that cash strapped Mr B will be asked to make a return trip to 'test' them again.... I need them right for next season Cool Laughing Wink
ski holidays
Michelle, yes - we're talking about the same thing here...
latest report
Quote:

They are like slippers

I am not trying to stir anything up but... if your boots feel like slippers when new then they probably will no longer fit after 3 to 4 weeks use. The liners pack out after this amount of use, leaving significantly more space for your foot to move around in. Maybe not a problem - I don't know how much you intend to use them - but possibly worth bearing in mind whilst they are still within the fit
warranty.
snow report
kurt von liebewitz wrote:
Quote:

They are like slippers

I am not trying to stir anything up but... if your boots feel like slippers when new then they probably will no longer fit after 3 to 4 weeks use. The liners pack out after this amount of use, leaving significantly more space for your foot to move around in. Maybe not a problem - I don't know how much you intend to use them - but possibly worth bearing in mind whilst they are still within the fit
warranty.

That's not stirring it at all, if you'd have gone on to say that with 3 or 4 weeks use the average Brit would be buying new ones that would have stiring it but you didn't so I wouldn't worry Very Happy
ski holidays
I had problems last week with my boots. Got thermal insoles fitted and the shell stretched, which improved it. Got fitted out with new padded ski socks, and then had the insoles remoulded. Finally got them comfy by the end of the week snowHead
snow report
Michelle,

Go back to S&R as soon as you can. They do offer a 'comfort guarantee' but, as I understand it, only for the season in which the boots were purchased and their 'end of season' is April 15th (I think), so in theory you have only a couple of weeks to get the problems sorted.

If they enforce this then it is madness because if you buy boots from them out of season i.e. after April 15th then your comfort guarantee applies for the whole of the following season!

I only know this because I was considering buying from S&R so read up carefully on the comfort guarantee policy, now though I think I will go to Lockwoods after the reviews on that thread.

I hope you get them sorted Smile
snow conditions
Michelle, Trip to S&R, when the sales are on....are you kidding, of course I want to go!!! (but then, internet bargains permitting, I might be in Tignes!! Very Happy )
ski holidays
sarah, the invoice from S+R IS arounds, I know it is - it's just that my filing system needs to be sorted.... rolling eyes
If I remember correctly - the date of the 15th is the date by which you need to return them if you want to replace them. They'll then charge you something like £60 for the effective 'hire' of the boots. The comfort guarantee is ongoing... I think. I will find the invoice and confirm. Saying that though, I do need to get there asap to get them sorted in case I do need to change them. kurt von liebewitz, thanks for that.

homphomp, Going green Mad Shall I see if I can sort out a date this year when youre not skiing??? Wink
snow report
poo
snow report
er hello chris_0881, I think snowHead
snow conditions
chris_0881, welcome to snowHead
A very interesting first post - especially as homphomp, and I were just discussing, not an hour ago, when I purchased my last boots... Confused
snow report
kurt von liebewitz wrote:
Quote:

They are like slippers

warranty.

Hey....kurt was right!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy