Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sierra Nevada in December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I am planning a trip to Sierra nevada in December. Two of us. Does anyone have any idea what the condiitons should be like based on past expeirience?.

Also does anyone have any accomadation recomendations. After skiing extensively in Italy, Switzerland and france its my fist trip to spain, courtesy of the 24 quid return from Liverpool.

Thanks all

Roger
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
I am planning a trip to Sierra nevada in December.

Spain or USA? I have some experience of skiing in the US Sierra Nevada, but I'm guessing that it's Spain you're going to.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry, I was reffering to spain.

Roger
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
roger1000, here's a recent thread on the same question - hopefully some help.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=18970
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would go in Jan, if you can hold out until then. Winter starts later in that part of Spain, due to its southerly location.

Sierra Nevada will be open in Dec, but don't expect bucketloads of snow and masses of runs. Wind is also a problem at that time of year, due to its relative proximity to the sea.

You have to be careful with selecting accommodation in Sierra Nevada as it is built on a hillside and you can easily find yourself walking long distances up steep roads to get to and from lifts.

Sierra Nevada is a very good resort, and it definitely deserves more attention than it gets, but if you are higher than intermediate level, you should expect to get bored there after 3 or 4 days, due to its modest terrain.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Didn't there used to be one amongst us from that region? Can't for the life of me recall who it was, but perhaps someone else can. If so, may be worth dropping them a PM. Not much help, I admit.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy