Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fernie

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Never been to Canada before and I am planning a family ski holiday in March and would like to visit Fernie, could anyone comment on places to stay preferably on the hill not down in Fernie itself, a hotel (or a catered chalet if such a thing exists in Canada) is preffered. Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fernie is 100% of ace. First resort I felt was good enough to merit a return visit

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=21273

Fernie Lodging Co run most of the accomodation on-hill

http://www.fernielodgingco.com/

To be honest I'd actually recommed self-catering over a hotel, eating out is very cheap over there. Depending on the size of your family, yo nmight want to consider the River Rock Lodge
http://www.fernielodgingco.com/fn_lodging_info.aspx?LG_ID=29
Absolutely *FABULOUS* place but very big and has a price tag to match. It does have air hockey in the basement lounge and more showers than bedrooms though!

we also stayed in the polar peak lodges, equally comfortable and the hot tub overlooks the ski-oyut trail, handy for teasing homebound skiiers with a chilly beer that's been in the snow all day while you sit in the nice toasty warm tub

have a gander round and feel free to ask questions about specific accomodation, places to visit etc
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty, and don't be too worried (for the family obviously) when you first see it, 'cos it looks well steep, mon.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nbt, Nickski, Thanks, the fernie lodging stuff looks amazing, to be honest I'm struggling to choose !!!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wimps - stay away from the "hill" and use the Kootenay bus service- an experience not to be missed Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Grizz Inn, Wolf's Den, Lizard Creek etc all on the slopes but be warned the on slope "village" doesn't exactly buzz at night and you'll be bussing into town for variety of restaurants, aquatic centre, bars, supermarkets & the hockey. Maybe that doesn't bother you with kids.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob, Quieter is fine but thanks for the warning, is the bus ride about 5 miles from slopeside to Fernie town ?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bus is 5 minutes or so into town - the only real issue is the schedule later at night when I believe it is paid for by the chamber of commerce. I've only ever done the bus the other way. The real place to avoid IMO unless you have a hire car is Riverside, neither on the hill or in town but it does have a fair no of on site facilities itself.

If you want to spoil the surprise in the holiday for yourself you might want to look around http://www.virtualfernie.com/town/mtn_tours/index.asp
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bit early for you but it's snowing there right now http://www.skifernie.com/conditions/mountain-cam.aspx
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
a warning if you are staying off the hill. Whilst the town is not far, the traffic backs up on the way down making the trip a lot longer than it should be. We stayed at the Timberline which was very good but this was years ago. A great hill, with some awesome terrain Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy