Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zillertal

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Am planning a trip to the Zillertal area in Marz sometime. Anyone got some info on where to go for the most extreme off-piste skiing, where the best afterski is, and all over experiences from this part of Austria (which airport to travel from; Zurich, Munchen,....)

Tom
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thomasc, welcome to snowheads.

Innsbruck is definitely the nearest airport (then Munich), but I've not skiied there yet - so sorry, can't help on the other bits...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi thomasc, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I've been to Mayrhofen - but I couldn't tell you about extreme off-piste skiing! I'm pretty sure we flew into Innsbruck. The ice bar at the foot of the Penken Gondola was pretty good for straight off the slopes apres I (half) remember wink . Hintertux glacier is good to go to and we also went to Zell am Ziller. But all on the piste. Hope you have a good time! snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ray Zorro, haven't you been to Hintertux? Or am I losing it? Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cathy, yes, but I was assuming that he meant the skiing up at Mayrhofen/Penken etc. Hintertux is on the same pass though, so you are right I guess Embarassed .

thomasc, there was very little apres going on at Hintertux when I've been, but it has been mainly out of season, so maybe not representative.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ray Zorro, phew! I was beginning to think old age was really setting in.......

We did stay quite a while one night at a bar in Hintertux right opposite the end of the bottom gondola. All the usual things there you need for a good Austrian apres ski bar - music, dancing, beer Toofy Grin . I can't remember what it was called but it had like an upper balcony where you could look down on the dance floor below.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm going in the 3rd week of February, so will report back. However, I am not yet likely to be going on too much extreme slopage quite yet - 2nd ever trip. (However, we'll see).

Either way, I'll ask my other ski mates who probably will be going more adventurously, and let you know...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can't comment on the off-piste but the on-piste skiing is excellent, with lots of areas covered under one lift pass. If you are happy to get a bus or train to the other ski areas then the choice is huge and I'm sure that there is some off-piste in the valley somewhere as it's big!

Apres ski is everywhere - you can't miss it. We went to Nikki's bar near the bridge lots of times and it was brilliant. Lots of dancing in ski boots and it was still going strong at 9pm with no sign of letting up! We were so exhausted after that we didn't get a chance to try the later apres ski, night clubs etc!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thomasc, try Hochfuegen for the off piste. Lots of variants to be had there. But there's even some pretty decent off piste up on the Hintertux glacier, if you don't worry too much about falling into crevases that is!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy