Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Socks/Boot liners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After using my ski boots for a 3.5hr lesson at MK last week I noticed a couple of very small slightly red but very superficial areas (?rubbing) on my foot Shocked First time this has happened Shocked
My boots were fitted (expertly, I would like to add Very Happy ) at Lockwood's 2 seasons ago and I have had no problems before. Have skied approximatly 75 days on them. They are Lange Comp 100's
I wasnt sure if perhaps in my haste to get on the slope and I hadn't tightened my boots up enough at the start or wither perhaps my socks need to be replaced?
I use Thorlo Thins 1 which I purchased around the same time as the boots so the 5 pairs have all been rotated.
Now the questions rolling eyes
How long will the ski boot liner padding last before squashing down?
Should these socks be tumble dried or just dry naturally?
How long should they last before being replaced?
Should I move up to the next grade of socks?
I am going to the PSB so was going to see if this had happened just by me not tighting my boot properly, any sensible thoughts on this?
Unfortunatly I cant attend Lockwoods on Monday Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

any sensible thoughts on this?

Speechless wink Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Linds, maybe if it continues you could see Cedric in L2A instead?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Linds, Your liners have probably packed out a bit but I know a few people who've suffered slightly following a Warren Smith lesson when they thought they had well fitting boots. I think it's to do with all the exercises he gets you doing (ie, one legged ankle flexing, hop turns, braquage etc etc) meaning you're really pressurising the boots a lot over a short period of time etc. It wouldn't surprise me that they'll be fine in LDA.

I've got Thorlos 1's & the label says to wash them inside out & leave to dry naturally. I've done 9 weeks in my current boots & after a few warm up runs I need to nip the buckles up, especially the two cuff buckles.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Linds, I just wash my socks at 30 deg and hang them up - still fine. Your boots could have packed out a bit though by now. Wait and see.

spyderjon, Yes - there are certain exercises I do where I have to actually do my boots up. Shocked Shocked
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Linds, your boots and socks are fine. You need new feet.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many thanks for that spyderjon,
I feel more reassured that my boots have not now suddenly got to be changed Smile
Because I was concentrating so hard in the lesson rolling eyes I totally forgot to recheck/tighten my boots till after the break by which time some rubbing had occured.
I must admit I didnt read the washing instructions on the socks as I dont ofter use a tumble dryer but it was just an thought that this might be a factor as well. I plan to take time at PSB to continue with the exersizes so will see if it happens again.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm always adjusting my boots throughout the day....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, Thanks, I will see how it goes at PSB
Quote:

boots and socks are fine. You need new feet

Wear The Fox Hat, I know that but I am quite attached to my dainty size 3.5 rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Linds, sorry for the delay, having a mare of a day, i would think that after 75 days skiing the liners have packed down a bit which is giving you a little more space than you had. you could try a slightly thicker sock, prehaps try a wool sock like smartwool,from their range i would look at either light cushio n or medium cushion if you need a bit more padding.
i must say i find the thorlo SL a little abrasive on the foot [it all depends how sensitive your little piggies are] BTW ski socks do wear out and if they have had a hard life the padding may just have died Skullie

it may also be as spydy suggested just the fact that you did a short intensive session at MK which seems to mean spending a lot of time going up or queueing for not alot of skiing.

if a new sock fails to solve the problem then [if the shell is in good condition] then it may be worth looking at an after market liner...or call the guys at lockwoods and ask if they have a lange liner in the correct size.... if they have one they may sell it to you for a good price and a couple of beers Toofy Grin [just depends what they have around the stockroom]
hope this helps a bit
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CEM, Are you offering zipfit's yet as they'll probably be my next purchase?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon, not in yet, they are being shipped from italy in the very ihope very near future Little Angel
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy