Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Clusaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What's it like?

Possibly going there for 4 days, end of January.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lovely...well worth a visit.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=288106
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
homphomp, thanks for that, sounds really good.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Me also going there for 4 days at end of January. OK GB own up it is you isn't it? Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
halfhand, you're not a client of ours are you? Mine is a company ski trip entertaining clients.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
La Clusaz is good for beginners, better for intermediates and has good and accessible offpiste. The French ski school is good and their language skills are fine. Evolution has a school there too. If you need a teacher who also guides outside the pisted track, I know just the man for you.

Nightlife is acceptable - it's a small alpine village really with all that comes together with it. Restaurants are not too expensive. Two hotels stand out: Alpen Roc and further up, a bit aside the centre but right next to some lifts, Beauregard.

It's one of the most easily accessible places from Geneva.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

It's one of the most easily accessible places from Geneva.

Not for some of my friends who used a hand-held Sat Nat system to drive from Geneva and ending up going around Annecy!

Yes it's a very nice place with some great views of Mont Blanc in the Balme sector. Totally agree with Demos. I spent a very pleasant weekend there in mid April last season and would like to get back sometime this season.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Balme is great indeed, if the weather allows. We ended up there after almost a week of continuous snow. The top of the chairlifts was totally covered under snow and had to be dug out into open. The off piste is easy to access and there are also good backcountry possibilities should you want to trek a little bit outside.

In the early days (read 80s), Balme had a speed skiing track which now does not exist anymore. Top speeds for amateurs were above 200km/h so we are talking sufficiently steep sections on that massif! It was later abandoned after a bypasser went on the track at the wrong time and got killed when the skier hit him...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy